DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Flagstaff, AZ

Flagstaff, AZ13 reviews
DoubleTree was a very fun place to work, friendly co-workers. If you asked for help there was always someone to help you. They only promoted people they liked, which was a main reason I left.
They were nice in the beginning and then they started to change there whole Perspectis. I didn't like how they treated others people and choose sides
Was a very great work environment for me, I learned how to communicate and work together as a team. I learned how to motivate myself each day to get the job done.
This place started out great then it went downhill real fast. I was a manager there but they had their favorites. Id try to discipline them for violating policy or health code...the executive chef wpuld make it disappear.
Pros
Hilton company
Cons
Favoritism and complete morons running the show
Great place to work. Really fun place to work. The employees are nice. Lots of opportunities. Great benefits. Good location. Flexible hours. Management is awesome.
We set up different meals for different events. This included tables, chairs, decorations, and food. I enjoyed my teammates. Hardest part of the job was carrying 8ft long tables
Pros
free food
Cons
no PTO
Pretty good balance between being quick paced and too relaxed. Everyone is fun and loving there. It felt like a family and was the only place I cried to leave.
A typical day at work was relatively relaxed with the occasional rush that would come into the restaurant. I learned how to work as a team member and greeting customers on a regular basis.
Pros
Free or discounted food
Cons
Short or no breaks
I learned alot at this job but most of it was self taught. There were alot of unkept promises and dream deadlines that were never met. It was frustrating and the communication between departments and in departments was invisible most times. I enjoyed my coworkers but had a hard time believing in management.
All managers and hourly employees work as a team on a daily basis. Communication is very emportant when dealing with the front desk operations and making sure all guests are happy and had a memorable experience.
Pros
great health benefits
Cons
breaks
This place is excellent to work for, however, they make promises they do not keep about your advancement. They also pay terribly for the amount of time spent at work. I worked about 50-60 hours a week at $10/hr which is unacceptable.
Pros
Cheap Restaurant Meals, Fun atmosphere
Cons
Overworked, Terrible Pay
Starting as a busser, I was quickly moved to server through appropriate training. I was serving for 2 years and growing each time I worked, learning more and more. After much time serving I realized I needed to start advancing and progressing in this industry however over time I realized that there wasn't any room for that in short time at the Double Tree.
Pros
Fun staff, good people, learned a lot
Cons
No advancement, not many customers daily
I had to clean just about 25-30 rooms per day within a 30min period & 45mins per suites, what I learned was clean the rooms quickly, be organized with my supplies, the head house-keepers were sort've strict but fun to be with (as long as the rooms were being serviced). certain coworkers were awesome and some needed to develop more costumer skills towards others, the hardest part of the job was being under a time limit and cleaning the same rooms again (even though they were just cleaned). the enjoyable part working there was getting the wonderful compliments about my hard-work and also the tips the costumers leave behind as well.
Pros
Cafe discounts, rooms discount, company parties, etc.
Cons
was only $8.00 an hour, short breaks, not enough days off