DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from DoubleTree by Hilton:

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Fort Lauderdale, FL16 reviews
it was a place to meet many new people and an opportunity to talk to them about the place where they came from and their travelling and general experiences,
Management hides in the office and is pretty useless. Be ready to be called in on a daily basis by management and the kids who want to call out all the time. Many out of the country guests that don’t tip. You will be the only one there most of the time, so you will wait tables inside and out and running room service while you have guests at the bar. No credit card machine when at outside bar so be prepared to run back and forth like an idiot...place is dirty with fruit flies and roaches but no one cares. So not worth the headache.
Pros
Yeah there are none
Cons
Overworked and underpaid. Need I say more?

The company does offer benefits, but they are not competitive. Health insurance benefits are ridiculously expensive. It takes forever to accrue enough PTO for a vacation and when you do its a challenge to take any time off. There is constant turn over, so constant training and constant errors being made.

You stand for your entire 8 hour shift. They cross train you in different departments to maximize your "effectiveness". The service industry is very challenging and the work environment is very stressful, but it does provide you the opportunity to fine tune your multi-tasking skills and to develop a thick skin.
Pros
Close proximity to the beach
Cons
High turn over rates, long standing, low salary
great brand wonderful location great insurance a place where you can move up . love the open door policy everyone have a voice from day one good work life balance
Pros
world wide company to work for
Cons
not good if not keep up
it's a very good place to work , good standard with team work at it's best, the training is on going and everyone has an input in what happen , the employee program is wonderful for team Members and family , . I enjoy the company style and opportunity for growth.
Pros
world wide company good benefit
Cons
If in the wrong hands or poorly manage it's the opposite of what's it's ment to be
I joined Doubletree by Hilton some time,I was the PBX operator, a position I had no experience with.As.. time went on but was not fufilling enough for me.
Pros
Cons
salary
fun place to work. however some managers werent polite or nice to workers. hr was okay. would change your time sheets. paychecks would be short. couldnt leave until rooms were all done.
Cons
long days; weekends
working in the service industry this can be very rewarding only issue is certain propperties are Managed and some are corporate working for hilton manged propperty is poorly run
Pros
great $$ with a great attitude
Cons
No breaks and poor managment
Good working environment, however the guests certainly out weigh the Hotels politics, as they run deep. The hotel has a lot of room, elevator, and back of the house issues. However, if you can see past all of that, you will go far.

Left due to a promise by the GM that was never upheld.
Pros
no micromanagement
Cons
no mentoring, no $ to improve your department, no bonus structure
Food & Beverage manager was my only hesitation, he had no previous experience, but over all the staff and agency workers were great! Fun environment and great supervisors!
Pros
great view
Cons
no breaks, stretched between bar, resturaunt and room service
Days at the GALLERYone can either be very hectic or very slow. I have learned to prioritize important task, become better at time management, and a pro at resolving guest issues. Management at the hotel is great, they are easy to talk to and generally care abut you both professionally and personally as do fellow co-workers. The hardest part of the job is not being able to work regular business hours and almost never having weekends off, but that is part of the Hotel and Operations business. The most enjoyable part of the job is the guest interaction, it gives me a nice feeling when I have done something to make a guest smile.
Pros
Hilton Benefits
Excellent atmosphere of work, you can take a break 20 minutes for lunch, free food for employes, very good management, the boos is always good, everything always was good.
Pros
Free luches and groseries
Cons
nothing
The ownership needs to put some money into the property to bring it up to a product this property is capable of being.
Pros
Location, Internal Management
Cons
Ownership/Management Company conflicts
Each day is totally different ,some days are quiet while another day will be fill with guest concerns and issues .The guest always comes first ,and guest satisfaction is my number one priority . When dealing with a guest I always use the HEART model.
I work with some of the best Team member I can ask for; it’s like having my family with me at all times.

The hardest Part of my job is not making the guest 100% happy .

I love what I do; there is really no other way to sum it up. I was given an opportunity in the hospitality field and found my passion.
Pros
Great Benefits’ and Great company to work for
Typical work day busy
Co workers were easy going very understandable

Management were superb

Enjoyable part is break when I get to eat!!!!
Pros
Free lunch, Hour breaks
Cons
no cons everything is everything
I worked for a third party company that provided the valet parking, and bell services. I enjoyed the fact that the Double Tree made us feel like part of their team. This job was very enjoyable, and I learned all the tools that allowed me to choose the career of Business Administartion.
Pros
the perks and discounts we recevied when staying at other locations.
Cons
dealing with unhappy guest! however, this comes with the terretory, and it becomes a great learning skill.
1.6K