DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Grand Junction, CO

Found 22 reviews matching the search See all 4,207 reviews
I love working here
Catering Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, CO27 January 2020
The Doubletree offers wonderful benefits and the company truly shows appreciation for their employees. I have worked there for just about 5 years and have had multiple advancement opportunities. I have been promoted 3 times since working there. I am very proud to work for such a great company.
Like the job so far
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, CO22 January 2020
I am really happy to be given an opportunity to work for this company. The pay isn’t really good so far but in time will improve. I like the leaders and staff members. The work is tough. Not for sissies!!
Dead end job.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, CO9 August 2019
Don't cross train. The hours don't make up for the fact that your the only one willing to do so. Stepping stone job for better opportunities or a place to work when you want free food and a laxed low wage job.
Love working with everyone here at the Doubletree
Banquet manager (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, CO20 June 2019
My banquet captain makes as much as I do. I have 20 years experience in the hospitality industry.. I have 8 1/2 years with the Doubletree by Hilton. I am not given the opportunity to do certain duties as a banquet manger.
Pros
Benefits, discount off of menu, discounts on room, time off, my employees and meeting new guests. from all over the world.
Cons
Took gratuities from banquet managers. Very low pay rate
Hostile enviroment.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, CO21 April 2019
I was not into getting my vehicle vandalized and being called names for showing up to work. I also would not put in more effort than nessacarry at this work place as it doesn't matter how hard you work or how many hours they will make sure your check does not reflect your hard work. If you enjoyed the drama of high school then this may be the place for you.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Attitude!! They will ruin your vehicle just because they don't like that you can do your job well
Productive and awesome place to work.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, CO21 August 2018
I absolutely loved working here. All the staff was great and so helpful. I learned alot from how to professionally clean a room to learning how to be a front desk agent. I did it all at this hotel except work in the kitchen. But i did housekeeping, laundry, lobby attendant, front desk agent, housekeeping supervisor.
Pros
Discount stay at any hilton hotels
Great job, everyone treats you like family rather than a co-worker. They take care of their employes.
Room Inspector (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, CO26 July 2018
Great benefits, hotel discounts and free rooms after working there for a year. Good & beverage discounts all the time. Amazing employee dinners, parties.
Great place to wirk
Catering Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, CO11 July 2018
I would highly recommend it, great people, fast paced and interesting. If you are eager to learn and advance and love working with clients this is the place for you. You can learn all trades and you are treated fairly and with a great amount of respect.
I couldnt afford my bills
Laundry/Lobby attendant (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, CO5 June 2018
I was still receiving all government benefits as a single mother of a brand new baby. I couldn't afford to make a rent payment, or even to purchase enough food. I was working full time at 9.00 an hour receiving food stamps. They offer benefits but i couldn't afford them.
Pros
all benifits included... if you could afford them.
Cons
not enough work during slow season
Work work work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, CO11 April 2018
Lots of work if you want it. Start first thing and go non stop all day. You will get in shape. Enjoyable if you like repetitive tasks. Occasionally you get some good tips and that always makes your day
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
low pay
I liked working nice friendly place
Laundry Attendant (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, CO21 March 2018
I have work at double tree while it would have been 3 years but left for 2 months frustrating time and left the second time for less then 3 months am back and like very much to return I had problems at home but it didn't effects my work I enjoyed working for double tree
Pros
Get out early make my scheduled
Cons
Not enough hours in winter
Stressful and agrivating
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, CO4 March 2018
Your hours were either feast or famine; I once went a week and a half with no hours. But the one redeeming quality was the coworkers. We the employees were all after a common goal and intern became a family.
Great workplace and management
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, CO4 January 2018
I set up the room for the different events and also take care of the buffet areas. Also teardown rooms and clean them up. Great management and good coworkers.
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks
Good Place To Work
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, CO20 December 2017
Great place to work! Everyone there is extremely nice and the managers are fair and consistent. The only thing that I don't like about the job is that even if you're a full time employee your hours are at risk to being cut during slow season and there is not much you can do about getting more hours.
Many banquets, and employee are great.
Front Desk,Bell Staff and Night Audit Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, CO17 November 2015
Very taxing for customer service. No two-week long schedule most of the time so very hard to plan and have a a life outside of the hotel.
Pros
Job Security/Co-workers
Cons
Taxing, Stressful, and very hard for advancement in career at this time.
DoubleTree by Hilton Grand Junction
Employee (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction Colorado17 May 2015
The DoubleTree brand offers a great support for employees and the community through their "CARE Committee" this committee is a part of programs such as the community garden for employees and children in the Grand Junction Area and the backpack program that provides employees a backpack and school supplies for their children in the fall.
DoubleTree by Hilton Grand Junction offers opportunities for advancement to employees who are hard working and interested in growing with the DoubleTree by Hilton Grand Junction and Stonebridge, the management company.
DoubleTree by Hilton Grand Junction has received awards for their superior customer service skills all thanks to the great team that works together at the hotel.
Pros
Hilton employee discount when traveling, employee events boost staff morale, opportunities for advancement
Cons
reduced hours for hourly employees during the off season
Best sales staff ever!
Director of Sales & Marketing (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction29 August 2014
I worked extremely hard and was rewarded by a great sales team
Great place to grow with and an amazing team to work with.
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, CO24 June 2014
Every day is a new day and it is interesting and fun most of the time. Great opportunities.
A fun environment to work in!
Cocktail Waitress (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, CO29 May 2013
Fun working environment! meet many new people. need good customer service skills!
Good, hard working staff....Very unproffessional General Manager
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, CO7 December 2012
The staff in general that work there are good people....the place is just going down hill and will until there is a gm that has some pride and morals.

51.5K