DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Greeley, CO

Entertaining work environment. When I worked at the front desk and in banquet services. the hardest part of the job was fixing problems for upset guests.
Pros
1 free meal per shift
Cons
no job security because I was new
The management team is not supportive or helpful. They wait for you to bring up a problem before assessing it, they don't take it upon themselves when then see a problem. They don't care for their employees but continuously mention they are a "family" while seeing the increased turnover rate. The hospitality company is absolutely terrible and does NOT care about the employees.
Trained every new employee who entered the premises as easy as possible. Friendly environment to work at everyone gets along with everyone staff Supervisor were awesome .
A typical workday is working with a group of people to setup chairs and tables for various businesses that are staying at the hotel. On occasion I would also serve foods at the events.
I had about 1200 employees under me that I had to make sure they were getting paid. I work along side of HR to make sure those task were taken care of. I also responsible for the whole accounting system on a daily and monthly basis. A typical week of work was 50 to 55 hours. Although the demand was high, I loved the people I worked with. That part made it fun to come to work everyday.
It was amazing starting out, new hotel, and good people. Then the overseeing bigheads decided to take away our hours. Then people started quitting. It is just not guaranteed.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Inconsistent hours
In the food/beverage operations, they offer employees meals at a discounted rate and also fantastic discounts on hotels across the world. In the restaurant, people enjoy coming to work and working with each other. It is usually a relaxed environment with a decent pay for servers.
There is allot of stress all the time, no support from upper management. People are walking out everyday, all departments are short handed, the bills are not getting paid.