DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Houston, TX

In general it was good to work there. They gave me a huge opportunity to learn and I appreciate it. I worked day and night and I learned every menu. I don't like working at night. Sometimes the kitchen was not very tidy, I like order and cleanliness.
Pros
Free lunches.
Cons
No healtcare, no benefits, no vacations.
Weird things happen very too often at this establishment. The management are very untrustworthy and sneaky. I do not recommend that any person with morals work for them.
I have the opportunity to learn in this company to many things for more experience in the service areas and put lic areas and learn to use the cleanings machines
Working at the front desk is like being in high school again and that's not a good thing. Too many cheifs and not enough Indians. Everyone is out for themselves. If you accept a position there, just go to work and do your job, nothing more nothing less because they don't really care about you as a person.
The doubletree is a nice hotel but the valet service just wasnt for me. i kust felt like it didnt help me to showcase my real skills. Overall the hotel itself is a nice spot.
I Enjoy Customer Service and Being a Leader and a Mentor, Having Knowledge of your Daily Duties, Brings Success. Working for Double Tree was A Great Experience, The Company changed Ownership 3 times within the 4 years ,
Loved it! It was an exciting, challenging work environment. The hotel is a well run organization. The front desk staff was excellent. The benefits were great. They recognized efforts put in by the staff.
Doubletree was a great place to work all of the manager listen to team members and the morels was very high .I would recommend family and friends to work there
Do your house keeping fast and afficient as much as u can always take care of quest first.respect other co workers work space .I have the greatest employer I ever worked for there treated me with lost respect and concern always
Love my colleagues, we are like family here. Best front desk manager and best general manager ever. I will recommend this particular hilton property to everyone.
The priority at the DoubleTree Hilton will always be the customer. I had the opportunity to be trained by some of the best wait staff. They went above and beyond my expectations to make sure that I was equipped. The Management department are very hands on and work the restaurant with a professional and positive attitude. I learned to be sure that the customer should always be made to feel welcomed. The DoublTree Hilton Hotel creates a home away from home atmosphere. With the many different cultures that are served there daily the DoubleTree makes sure that all their menus can meet their needs. I enjoyed meeting and serving the customers and making sure they left the restaurant satisfied.
i worked as receptionist, training was very long for me but they took me out to the desk with me not near done with training, i really liked working at the double tree, they gave a lot of benifits and worked with your schedule, the only problem was not being recognized for the hard work, sometimes the other employees did not work as hard as others, left for a better opportunity but do recommend highly
Pros
insurance
Cons
short breaks and sometimes rude guest
Doubletree great place to work at. Friendly staff and crew. Management is awesome. Very detailed work in guest rooms and suites. We set up conference rooms for meetings and parties.
Hilton hotels are generally nice places to work. This particular location has a poor Management team. So much pressure is put on the Front Office team to ensure high survey results without the necessary support from other departments, primarily Housekeeping, Engineering, and Sales. The only way they are able to keep good employees is to offer higher salaries than what other hotels offer.
Constantly overworked, never really get appreciated. Management never cares to listen out to their employees. Never a place for advancement, this place tends to drain you.
Pros
Discount on rooms
Cons
Over worked, little pay, management doesn’t care for employees
fun place to work and meet different people every day. the management at the time good. the hardest part was driving in downtown. very busy. workplace culture was great.
Pros
make tips daily
Cons
pay
Double Tree Was A Well Working Experience Very Much Hours And A Relax On going Job... A Typical Day At Work Is When A specific Person Need Certain Things You Have To Give The Customer The Best Customer Service As Possible....
the double tree @ green way worked with my hectic scheduled and very understanding. every manager here are very nice and understanding. i'm happy to be apart of this team
cant really say now because the management changed... so a lot of miscommunication, managers not following guidelines, and coworkers had lots of attitudes.
Not a lot of opportunities to grow but everyone in the hotel is very nice and attentive. The property is old and requires a lot of maintenance. High turnover rate due to stress and lack of necessary resources
Pros
Free lunch, bonus for good review on TripAdvisor
Cons
Long hours working, stressful, lack of resources, outdated facilities
My most enjoyable part of the job is the team and work ethics they are very good company the team there where very nice i consider them a as a family too i love double tree.