DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Houston, TX

Found 50 reviews matching the search See all 4,109 reviews
Slow
Valet/Guest Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX2 December 2019
The doubletree is a nice hotel but the valet service just wasnt for me. i kust felt like it didnt help me to showcase my real skills. Overall the hotel itself is a nice spot.
Being Compassionate
Front Desk Agent/ PBX (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX21 November 2019
I Enjoy Customer Service and Being a Leader and a Mentor, Having Knowledge of your Daily Duties, Brings Success. Working for Double Tree was A Great Experience, The Company changed Ownership 3 times within the 4 years ,
Productive and rewarding
Business Travel Sales & Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston14 October 2019
Loved it! It was an exciting, challenging work environment. The hotel is a well run organization. The front desk staff was excellent. The benefits were great. They recognized efforts put in by the staff.
Great place to work the hotel has a great community programs
Executive Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX1 October 2019
Doubletree was a great place to work all of the manager listen to team members and the morels was very high .I would recommend family and friends to work there
Be very cautious toward any and every guess
Housekeeper/rm lobby attndt (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX26 August 2019
Do your house keeping fast and afficient as much as u can always take care of quest first.respect other co workers work space .I have the greatest employer I ever worked for there treated me with lost respect and concern always
Cool place to work
GUEST SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX15 August 2019
Love my colleagues, we are like family here. Best front desk manager and best general manager ever. I will recommend this particular hilton property to everyone.
The DoubleTree Hilton was the best experience in my life. I was given the opportunity to meet people from many cultures and all walks of life.
Breakfast Attendant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX8 August 2019
The priority at the DoubleTree Hilton will always be the customer. I had the opportunity to be trained by some of the best wait staff. They went above and beyond my expectations to make sure that I was equipped. The Management department are very hands on and work the restaurant with a professional and positive attitude. I learned to be sure that the customer should always be made to feel welcomed. The DoublTree Hilton Hotel creates a home away from home atmosphere. With the many different cultures that are served there daily the DoubleTree makes sure that all their menus can meet their needs. I enjoyed meeting and serving the customers and making sure they left the restaurant satisfied.
about job
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 7706115 July 2019
i worked as receptionist, training was very long for me but they took me out to the desk with me not near done with training, i really liked working at the double tree, they gave a lot of benifits and worked with your schedule, the only problem was not being recognized for the hard work, sometimes the other employees did not work as hard as others, left for a better opportunity but do recommend highly
Pros
insurance
Cons
short breaks and sometimes rude guest
Great place to work.
Stationary Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX24 June 2019
Doubletree great place to work at. Friendly staff and crew. Management is awesome. Very detailed work in guest rooms and suites. We set up conference rooms for meetings and parties.
Poor Management and Communication Between Departments
Guest Service Agent/Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX17 June 2019
Hilton hotels are generally nice places to work. This particular location has a poor Management team. So much pressure is put on the Front Office team to ensure high survey results without the necessary support from other departments, primarily Housekeeping, Engineering, and Sales. The only way they are able to keep good employees is to offer higher salaries than what other hotels offer.
Better management
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX7 May 2019
Constantly overworked, never really get appreciated. Management never cares to listen out to their employees. Never a place for advancement, this place tends to drain you.
Pros
Discount on rooms
Cons
Over worked, little pay, management doesn’t care for employees
fun place
Driver/Bellman/concierge (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX27 March 2019
fun place to work and meet different people every day. the management at the time good. the hardest part was driving in downtown. very busy. workplace culture was great.
Pros
make tips daily
Cons
pay
Double Tree
ROOM SERVICE ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX4 January 2019
Double Tree Was A Well Working Experience Very Much Hours And A Relax On going Job... A Typical Day At Work Is When A specific Person Need Certain Things You Have To Give The Customer The Best Customer Service As Possible....
the best
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX2 January 2019
the double tree @ green way worked with my hectic scheduled and very understanding. every manager here are very nice and understanding. i'm happy to be apart of this team
it was okay
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX28 December 2018
cant really say now because the management changed... so a lot of miscommunication, managers not following guidelines, and coworkers had lots of attitudes.
A good place to work
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX15 October 2018
Not a lot of opportunities to grow but everyone in the hotel is very nice and attentive. The property is old and requires a lot of maintenance. High turnover rate due to stress and lack of necessary resources
Pros
Free lunch, bonus for good review on TripAdvisor
Cons
Long hours working, stressful, lack of resources, outdated facilities
very Productive
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX30 August 2018
My most enjoyable part of the job is the team and work ethics they are very good company the team there where very nice i consider them a as a family too i love double tree.
Exciting place to work, being in Downtown Houston.
Corporate/Commercial Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX1 February 2018
I had the pleasure of working with the administrative assistants of huge corporations in downtown Houston. I was their contact person for booking hotel rooms and events. I built relationships with these people over the year I was there, to insure their important customers were taken care of when staying at our hotel.
Pros
Meet great people. Beautiful hotel, tasty Doubletree cookies!
Cons
Traffic horrible on I-45 to get downtown. Long hours, Low pay.
Communication real good and calm place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX27 January 2018
I will start my day by organizing my products and making sure everything was nice and clean.Ounce i had my floors i will start to clean rooms i was always be polite even if there answer was a no.Always leaving the customer happy been my goal communication has always been my key to understanding and learning .
Good experience and great culture
Associate Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX7 January 2018
Great "family" culture and great people to work with on property. While the management company is good at providing continuous required online training, they micro manage everything which severely inhibits the ability to work quickly and efficiently, especially in sales department. Overall, it is a very nice, fun place to work and people are treated with respect. The culture is laid back yet professional with a strong emphasis on guest experience and satisfaction.
Pros
Great culture Great people
Cons
Corporate office micro manages to a fault.

51.5K