DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from DoubleTree by Hilton:

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Huntsville, AL

Huntsville, AL9 reviews
I was doing fine, no trouble, then they let go head of maintenance and a short time later let me go, just saying they did not need me any more and a week later they let go the other guy I had worked with, with no reason why for all of us
Pros
liked the job and people
Cons
did not give reason for letting me go
High Turnover with staff and management. No one seemed to have knowledge of tasks and duties. Very stressful environment. Hotel Location was part of a group of hotels under same management. Also had off site HR that made payroll difficult.
Once the assistant gm/ accountant was fired for theft (she was innocent, the gm borrowed the money to pay his mortgage & blamed it on her) we stopped receiving any of the service charges for room service deliveries. Of the total bill, the hotel had always kept 4% while the person running the room service received 18% of the total bill (for a total of 22%) now we still have to add the service charge but the hotel keeps the entire amount. I tried to get a meeting with the gm to go over why my paychecks were always short - he told me we never got any of the service charge before
I know this is a lie and have proof
They don't respect the hard work their employees put into the hotel. They are usually cussed at, given strikes or flat out tired. Even if the employees were not as satisfying as they usually did to being overworked. Although the pay is great it's very intimidating. The manager was constantly finding reasons to fire anybody.
Pros
staff was nice, high pay, customers
Cons
management is terrible, unorganized
The job was great just the people their was so messy... Always in everybody business and bought there business from home to work with made me in a bad mode so I ended up leaving them I got sent home and stuff for tell the truth
Pros
Lunches every once in a while
Poorly managed hotel. Remodeled within the last 5 years, but only on a cosmetic level. A/C units only work about a third of the time. If something breaks down, management simply shrugs and ignores the problem, resulting in angered guests and loss of revenue. Employees are barely compensated for their work and largely go unnoticed unless in a negative light. Training is inconsistent at best. No benefits unless you're in upper management, and even then it's laughable. You'd be better off with Obamacare.
Pros
Cons
It's very existence
Corporate and ownership has to be more caring for their associates; this was the best on the job training I've ever had, though.
My days were busy and basicly the same, however, the guests of the hotel were different each day. I enjoyed my co-workers and the other manager's. There was not any part of my day that was hard. The most enjoyable part of the day was when we had the manager's meeting each day.
Majority business travelers during the week. Weekends family travelers, ball teams or large groups. Fun atmosphere and friendly staff. Great food at Cafe Alana Shay.
1.6K