DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from DoubleTree by Hilton:

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Jacksonville, FL

Jacksonville, FL19 reviews
Lots of hard working people, good clientele to work for. Busy, time flies, never a dull moment. Lots of satisfaction for a job done well. Great teamwork. .
Pros
Good friendships made, good pay.
Cons
The hotel is in need of renovation
At the moment we are being laid off due to the Corona virus that's going around so we're just waiting around to be called back to work. I cannot sit around and wait on a check I have to go to work
Very nice and professional experience with the Hilton brand. The pay and benefits package was very nice and I loved the team I had the opportunity to work with and be a part of.
Assumes others should know what to do and how to do it with little or no training.
Frequently becomes impatient when things aren't done their way. Dictates to others rather than involving them in the decision making.
I’ve work at DoubleTree for 6 yrs, before I had to leave. I just love how other feed is lunch Monday thru Friday and how we always make sure that the guess a little like home. I love to people who I worked around and always love waking up knowing that I’m off the work.
A very difficult place to work. A lot of promises, but things never change. Rethink if you can find another job. usually bigger hotels and short-staffed.
During my time at Double Tree, I was treated unfairly from day one. The departments are not friendly amongst each other. The managers severely lacks communication and humility when conversing with employees. You would think that the guests would be the problem but they are not. Everyone is scared that you are there to replace them. Your general well being is no concern, just make the brand look good. The tips are good and so is the pay but keep your head on a swivel. You are subject to being lied to and on and they will snatch your job without confirming anything. You are not a person to them. Just a small fish on a very large food chain.
another good company but their was a lot of miscommunication. but it was difficult for me, bc of work injury from another company. I met some great people,
I would have stayed there if i didn’t have family emergency because it was a very good place to work and to make a good living it’s a great place to grow
First of all let me start by saying that this property is franchised, so we are run by Chesapeake hospitality, not Hilton! We just use the Hilton name. Management was a hot mess, lots of drama. TONS Of animosity between departments. Lunch breaks had to be fought for, but usually we never got them. And management was never anywhere to be found, especially at night. We were promised incentives that we never received after reaching nearly impossible goals. I did enjoy the challenge, and I absolutely loved my job there with the guests, but the management and the way the hotel was being ran was absolutely terrible. (This property went through THREE HR directors in only 1 & a half years if that tells you anything!) I spent the majority of my year employed there walking on eggs shells, I went to HR a few times for help, but in the end I was basically forced to resign because management needed to look ”productive” towards corporate, shortly after discovering this property was put on the corporate recall list. (This was after working every single holiday including Christmas Day, and my own birthday, no crazy complaints made towards me, and no call outs). I was devastated. I would love nothing more than to work for another high end hotel, especially a Hilton Brand Hotel, but I will never work for a franchised hotel again. And I would not ever recommend a job working for The Doubletree By Hilton JACKSONVILLE RIVERFRONT.
Pros
Employee meals, locker rooms/showers
Cons
Franchised —Employee food was worse than jail food! management was non-exaistant, and no one is ever properly trained, just thrown out there! Would gladly work at a different property.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at DoubleTree by Hilton?
my overall experience working for the double tree by Hilton was great until I got injured on the job and my manager at the time did not have any sympathy or empathy towards my situation she tried to make me work on a fractured ankle and my doctors note clearly explained that I was to only do light work and she wanted me to help clean rooms so with that being explained due to my injury I had choose to quit....
I've worked for there company and it is well established far as keeping u busy and the work never stops and I enjoyed the guest being respectful and not having the rooms so dirty. I enjoyed the lunch that was fed and the breakfast. I did not approve of the other employees not being on top of new employees and showing us the correct things to do
Rude unprofessional and they are not team players ...everyone there only cares about themselves... when my niece died they wouldn't give me the day off and told me that its a 24 hour business and I have to work
The job is easy & enjoyable, the employees are friendly & easy to get along with. Management could use some work, due to them being on their fourth Front Office Manager in 16 months. Hardest part of the job would be picking up slack from other employees. Best part of the job is interacting with the guests from all over the country & world.
Pros
Hotel Discount
Cons
Managers
This is a great place to work for if you are trying to get used to doing housekeeping work it will show you the difference between local and city jobs
DoubleTree is a great place to work for people treat each other like family the only thing that troubles me was when I was hired I was told I was going to get started off 1250 but only end up getting paid 11.18
Pros
Employees eat for $3 a day
Cons
We take 30 minute breaks
The benefits are great, however if you are looking to do honest work you may be in trouble with this company. It is so simple to set you up and make it seem as if you done something that you didn't do. Also, management fires no one. But GREAT BENEFITS!!
Pros
Healthcare, immediate management team
Cons
being in an high school environment, if someone has your phone number he/she has access to everything except clocking you in.
Management is very relaxed and they try and treat you like family.
The people you may end up server will be a huge pain at times.

But it generally pays out in the end when the food comes back from the banquet.
Pros
Free food and hotel discounts
Cons
hours are rare to come by
A typical day at work was coming in at 2pm and preping for night when it got busy. Such things as polishing silverware and glasses for the orders. When it wasn't busy it was basically just doing more side work or waiting for a order.
Pros
Great food
Cons
No breaks
1.6K