DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Jersey City, NJ

love my guest and co workers
I love the audit so I mainly check guest in and answer phones with any guest questions or request I also have to balance all previous shifts as well and set up for the morning shift
Pros
guest and co workers
Cons
salary
Being part of a Franchise property can make it hard to really move up in the Hilton Hotel Chain
Job standards should allow promotions from within first over new hires. Having to train a new person on systems; the team members, and the job cture can be taxing.
Relaxed but professional place to work
My overall experience at this property was awesome. I loved my front office team we had so much fun. Some days you never knew what you would be in store for. Its a hotel that not only caters to the business needs but also family/leisure. Great location!
Pros
Discount on hotels
A very long day at work.
it was a busy day and the hotel was oversold so we started relocating guests to other hotels; some of them were understanding but the others were really upset. one thing that I learned is that no matter how perfect someone can be, there must be some day to face the anger and he frustration of a customer who for some reason didn't receive the service that he paid for. I learned that day how to be more apologetic and empathizing and that was the hardest part of the job. Management was really proactive and could accommodate the guests in other hotels and gave us, as usual all the tools to handle the situation. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you have the chance to interact with people and serve them.
Pros
great people to work with.
Cons
limited opporunities to grow more.
great co-workers, like family.
Busy even on a slow day. Something new nearly everyday. I have learn great team work. Employees learned how to help each other in order to accomplish the Goal, Customer satisfaction. If you treat your co-workers with respect and fairness you can accomplish a lot together. We worked together as a family, help each other with the schedule,performing our duties, and keeping our moral up.The hardest part would be not been able to satisfy a customer no matter how hard you try. I enjoy meeting new people and hearing their adventures, but especially when they are happy with our service. Management could use some work. A little more respect and fairness goes along way.
Cons
Management needs more work in fairness and respect.
1.6K