DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Johnson City, TN

I enjoyed this job for the most part. Coworkers were fun to be around (breakfast shift at least). During the pandemic they refused to rehire me after the shutdown was concluded. They didn’t contact me back after calling and calling. EVEN after I went in and talking to HR they refused to get back to me to allow me to come back to work.
Pros
Fun. Laidback. Close knit.
Cons
Customers were always rude as can be and never tipped. So don’t come here looking to make anything.
I would not work here simply because the pay is ridiculous. They think because all you do does not require a degree that it's not worthy of better pay, no matter how PHYSICALLY hard the job is. Everyone starts out at the same exact pay no matter if you have previous experience or not.
Pros
You get ONE free lunch. The first one.
Cons
Hourly wage. Benefits.
Love helping people, but working in housekeeping the managers make it hard for you to do your job. They treat people like a meal ticket. They do not care about their clients or employees.
Pros
Meet people from all over the world
Cons
Managers make it hard to work there, because they do not care about their clients or employees
this to me was a very hard and phsically demanding job. the pay isnt that great. and the long hrs suck however the boss was great i do still love her til this day
This job expected me to work 10-11hr days 5-6 days a week and fired me while I was under doctor care. They escorted me off the property infront of everyone and embarrassed me when it could have been more discreet.
Not the best place to work, benefits were ok. Pay raises weren’t the best. Management was a joke, I wouldn’t recommend working for Cooper Companies. Good for a laugh.
The job paid very little for working through the night, but, all things considered it allowed me to pay my bills while finishing school...............
I worked with banquets and there was a great staff when I was there. The management was great. It was only a part-time position and not a lot of room for extra hours.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Hours
I liked working here but it was hard work you had to make sure the whole room was clean from top to bottom, definitely change the sheets every single time
I really liked working here.They were very good about working with you and they made sure that you were trained before you were put on your own to work.
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks
setting up events and serving the food/beverages, clean up
Pros
good free food and tips
Cons
not enough pay