DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Lafayette, IN

Its your typical hospitality job, poor management and people in job positions they have no buisness being in. Very unprofessional and disorganized. They overwork you and sometimes ask you to do doubles or split shifts. Whereas other days there is no work and you can get days to a week off. It doesnt pay in the end nor matter how hard you break yourself to work for them or if you are on time everyday. They choose favorites and will just stop scheduling you if they decide to. But hey they seem to want drug addicts and ex strippers working for them so if you are one then you are fine. Also they didnt give me all my tips inearned and in the end tried to keep my W2s from me and I had to get he IRS involved in order to receive them.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Overworked most days and sometimes no work for days to a week at a time. And poor management
First day i started i knew i wasnt welcomed, the head server had surgery and left the other new server there the next day to help me. The other server was cold towards me would not help. The tables that i would approch would be switched out of my name and into theirs. After about two weeks of my tables being taken and not getting paid anything like i was at my other job, i had to go back to my previous job.
Pros
Nice morning kitchen staff
Cons
Bad servers
The banquet food is the worst i have ever seen and the food and beverage director is not open to ideas to fix it. I was hired in to be a supervisor at 50 cents less per hour than i was told. Nice place to work if can ignore the food quality and ignorance of the food and beverage director, in witch I (a classically trained chef) cannot.
Pros
Pay is good for people with less experience
Cons
Drama, no healthcare benifits and very poor food quality
mgmt Needs more people skills staff is great.iy needs to b more challenging.its a kitchen that's supposed to have food prepared from scratch instead everything is store bought
good people and good looking building. brand new atmosphere to work in but it looks very well managed. very nice looking place with a great kitchen and great customer service ethics.