DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Las Vegas, NV

Fast paced environment
This hotel is in a nice location for travelers coming to Las Vegas on vacation or business. Newly remodeled so looks modern. There is no gaming at this establishment.
Pros
Nice hotel off the beaten path but close to strip.
Double Tree Hilton
Terrible place to work - they hold their feelings on their shoulders....no Professional people - stressful and they take hours from you after hiring to me and the LIE about your dates of employment as well when you leave....TOTAL WASTE OF TIME
Stressful
Manager sucks..Every morning the room tenant have to bring their own linen upstairs, houseman only dump linen once or twice a day room attendant bring they own linen upstairs dump own garbage sometimes dump own dirty linen..MANGER DON'T CARE IF THE LADIES HAVE ANYTHING TO WORK WITH BECAUSE ALL THE LADIES COME DOWN TWICE OR THREE TIME TO GET Lenin to start with & manger act like they don't see us taken linen up to the floors.
When i was there they gave us 20/ 22 rms which 18 or 19 was vacant and dirty but nothing to start with.
Pros
Hilton is a great company
Hilton cares about their employees so much. Management has no favorites, they treat everyone fairly. Wish they paid more but the PTO time stacks up so quickly, I cannot complain.
Pros
Pto, Overtime
Cons
Unpaid 1 hour lunch
loved my job
I Loved my job. Variety is key to happiness. I received Great tips. Great incentives and bonuses. Great discounts at all Hilton Hotels. I used this benefit a lot. Great PTO
I loved working for the company it was like a family
As a housekeeper the work was easier than working at a large hotel, the company grow like family. Definitely one of the best companies I have worked for.
Cons
Short Breaks, Lots of Work
Good if you are unique
talent is often overshadowed by ownership changes. If you can survive, the jog will benefit you greatly. Be prepared to have anything and everything thrown you.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
poor management
Enjoyed working for this company.
Not as fast paced as the strip hotels. Staff was very small and easy going. Recommend for those that want to start in the hotel industry. Nice place to work.
Pros
discounted room rates for friends and family.
Cons
no EDR (employee dinning room)
Great staff to work with. Easy work sitiuation with staff
I check guest in and out of hotel. Always trying to exceed guest requirements. Help front desk management by giving them time to get daily paper work done for staff coming on next. I am in consent learning mode due to changing guest requirements and new modules from Hilton College. I have great co-workers and we interact very well as a team. Sometimes due to heavy guest check in or check out trying to service guest can become changeling. Getting through my shift with a sense of accomplishment.
Pros
Job securty, good place to work, great co-workers.
Cons
Sometimes hard to get breaks due to staffing shortages. Sometimes hard to plan personnel time off.
Parent company is great...this hotel however is really iffy
Worked for the Doubletree for a year and a half. Gave them everything I had, and honestly, never got much support, and don't have much to show for it. Management isnt on the same page with the employees and they definitely play favorites with certain employees. Hard work at this hotel doesnt pay off, but being lazy does. I never understood it. Some of the co-workers I had were extremely difficult to work with, and since my shift started at the end of the business day, I never had a manager from my department to speak to about things, until the next day. So often the challenges I had with a hostile or bad employee were swept under the rug, or just never addressed at all! Pay at this hotel is a joke. For the first year or so, I had to split my tip money with a person who had no hand in what I did behind the bar, so that was really bad for my morale, but great for his paycheck. It also took them a really long time to give me a pay raise, which they kept putting off. They were never quick to acknowledge the good things I did, but were lightning quick to point out any mistakes I made.
I am grateful to have had an opportunity to work for them, however, I would never again! They are in my honest opinion, mismanaged from the top down. Everyone that works there, has been there for a really really really long time, and they have become extremely complacent in their jobs and aspirations. If you need a job desperately, this is a good place until the next one comes along. The perks of working for the Hilton Corporation are awesome. Free hotel stays, 401k, benefits. Thats pretty much it.
Pros
free hotel stays
Cons
management, pay, terrible coworkers
1.6K