DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Little Rock, AR

Found 23 reviews matching the search See all 4,022 reviews
N/a
cook / dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AR9 December 2019
Cooking was great at Doubletree.. the people was great and I love working there.. I was doing some dishwashing on days to that was great nice and clean dish room .. my manager up there love me it was fun in a great expense
Fast Paced
Chief Engineer Waterford Hotel Group (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AR 7220129 May 2018
Much turn over equals opportunity. People are great. It is also next to the Robinson Center so some good entertainment comes through. The location is not too crowded.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long days
To Many Rooms
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AR27 April 2018
You are trained to lead motivate and develop good housekeepers. You are trained to be hands on a firm. When you do what they train you to do. They still wasn't satisfied. Housekeeping Supervisors where treated very harsh most days they would have to check 4 or more floors each day with up to a 100 rooms or more a day. and exspected to be off the clock by 530pm
Pros
Beautiful Building
Cons
No breaks for supervisors
Nice versatile place to be
Accounting Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AR4 April 2018
If you enjoy meeting different cultured people then this is your place. They also have a great work life balance. The employees could use some motivation to be better people.
Dtlr
Concierge Lounge, (Former Employee) –  424 West Markham Ave Little Rock, Arkansas22 February 2018
At the start of the 2015 I was offered a position at the Doubletree hotel it was at first an excellent opportunity to had work their for 3 years. But now the Hotel in total dysfunctional and the overturn is very rapid I was let go for stupid reason.
Cons
I would advise people to not apply there
non productive work place due to only requiring certain employees to adhere to job requirements
Assist room attendants (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AR 7220130 September 2017
Supervisor was terminated due to employee complaints, she was bias in that she only required certain employees to adhere to handbook job requirements, she also advised that seniority for her worked in reverse, in that the more seniority you have the less you received better scheduling, off days etc.
Pros
Free Meals
Cons
super not requiring adhenece to job requierments by all employess
Fun Place
DIRECTOR OF FOOD & BEVERAGE (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AR6 September 2017
Fun place with all responsibilities. Tough labor market, but staff are very friendly and courteous. Fun part of job is free concerts in Robinson Art Center.
Work at your own risk
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AR23 June 2017
Unfortunately I don't have many pleasant things to say about the DoubleTree. It's the management company that really is the problem. I love working with people and the associates. They make the job worthwhile. The management company WHG insults their employees, they do not train, wages are low and they have a more than normal turn over in employment. The morale of the employees is at an all time low and when new people come in it rubs off on them too.
Pros
Working with people and hotel room discounts
Cons
Low morale, lack of recognition for job well done, low wages.
Just A Job
Guest Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AR9 May 2017
Horrible Structure, unprofessional and only worth the little pay check. When looking for a workplace, you expect the higher authority to actually be all for their people. If you want something done, you need to do it yourself to get it resolved.
Pros
scheduling
Cons
Lack of communication, managers are more like friends instead of bosses, poor work ethics
Fun work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AR25 April 2017
Double tree hotel is a fun job. Double tree taught me that everywhere and everything you do should be done with manners/clean. It also taught me that even though nobody's watching still remain honest.
Pros
Good pau
Cons
Healthcare
I loved being a supervisor.
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AR16 September 2015
Being a supervisor was fun, but very busy job. I loved it. The pay for a supervisor was only $9.50 for a lot of responsibility. I think it should have been more,
The old management was excellent, but after it was bought out, most of the management left and the new management treated us bad.
Pros
I loved it.
Cons
After my boss left, the new management treated us bad.
Long hours and hard work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AR30 July 2015
I enjoyed the work and having assigned floors. Management was not understanding of appointments and always angry. I loved when there was a event going on that the job that's when you get the meet the guest and earn more tips. I am a people person so I enjoyed my job.
Pros
Free lunch everyday, and security on site
Cons
Short breaks, long hours and not enough employees
Doubletree hotel was always busy and they made working for them enjoyable.
Asst. Executive Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AR30 July 2015
It was a fast pace work environment. I was responsible for the ordering of product and shipments, schedules etc, I had a great team and we worked all holidays and never closed.
Pros
There was always room for advancement.
Cons
We never closed for any holidays which made it hard to have family time.
Fun Place to Work
Front Office Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AR11 June 2015
A typical day at work: Busy!

What I have learned: Problem solving, Customer Service Skills, Reconciling Guest Accounts.

Management: Good management team, very approachable.

My co-workers: We work together as a tem.

The hardest part of my job: When guest arrive before check-out wanting to check-in and we don't have rooms available for early check-in.

The most enjoyable part of my job: I meet people from all over the world.
Pros
Awesome co-workers
Cons
Short staffed
Productive and Fun
P.M. HOUSE KEEPING SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AR7 April 2015
Working for Doubletree hotel is a very good place to work
I worked and had fun doing it. I looked forward to going to work every day.
Productive work place, full of excitement
Supervisor/Night Audit (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AR30 January 2015
Doubletree has a great working environment. I learned a lot at the Doubletree, because I completed my internship course with them. Management is fair, understanding of workers needs. My co- workers we fun to be around. Made work a lot easier. The hardest part of the Job was being off work; its very entertaining on weekends. The most enjoyable moment I had was when guest write about me on Trip Advisory
Pros
Pay is good
productive work place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AR8 January 2014
Working in the department that i worked in everyday was a roller coster but fun my management team was good at times but unstable my co-workers treated each other like family... The hardest part about my job i would have to say taking care of the laundry workers making sure they was getting the linen turned over so the job could be complete.. The most enjoyable part of my job was building a bond with my co-workers...
Pros
cookies
Cons
short breaks
The Double Tree was also a great place to work. It helped me to get a good foundation in training as a banquet server.
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AR30 August 2013
As a banquet server at the DT, we hosted events as large as 600 guests in the Robinson Auditorium.
Pros
Great working with this small group of people. Lots of comraderie.
Cons
The salary was lacking.
Fun Excited Workplace
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AR15 August 2013
Love to meet people from all over country's Also the staffs was awesome.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Nothing Bad
Productive and great team throughout the hotel
SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  LIttle Rock, Arkansas28 May 2013
Management stands behind the staff by doing what they say they will do. Customer service is among the very best!

51.5K