DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Long Beach, CA

This location is a gorgeous property with very scenic and photo friendly views. The management however is less than desireable they careless about a staying guests experience than a person at the restaurant dining in for dinner; Was not the most healthy working environment
A place of favoritism and gossiping. If you are liked by your GM than you are untouchable. Great pay and benefits. The managers who are favored are never held accountable.
Pros
Great benefits and salary.
Cons
There is a lot of favoritism and gossiping and belittling done by GM
Maya is an awesome place with amazing culture, customers, and coworkers, however management made my experience their a daily battle with enjoying my job and hating it.
helping out all departments . i learned to work for difficult company. the management was relaxed but friendly. great benefits and job security
Pros
free lunch
Cons
being a union
Hotel Maya is a beautiful hotel on the bay of Long Beach. This hotel is very popular and can get busy during the summer season. I held the position of a Front Desk Associate. My experience working for this hotel was unfortunately not a good one. To begin with, management was not efficient. For months after being hired we didn't even have a manager. So we were not guided well. Most of my time working here we were understaffed. This made it extremely difficult to do make our guests happy, and made the work environment very stressful. We had a couple employees that got away with being unprofessional and disrespectful. I became pregnant with my 2nd child working here. After my child was born they harassed me for wanting to breastfeed and pump milk at work. They didn't provide a consistent location for me to pump, harassed me on how long I would take to do it, made me show them exactly what I did during the process which was invasive, and told me at first I would be paid to pump with later all of a sudden saying they would not. Employees were disrespectful in allowing me to pump milk. That was a very hard situation for me.
Pros
Free lunches, kind manager, beautiful work location, discounts on hHilton hotel rooms.
Cons
suffering discrimination, disorganized managment.
*The product was outstanding, remodeled boutique-resort property next to Queen Mary in Long Beach with Latin art, spacious outside space, and an excellent restaurant. The largest complaint was that the hotel was hard to find, even with mapquest directions, due to construction. The hotel had just changed brand flags, and was becoming a Doubletree*A typical day at work included morning stand-up meeting, reviewing business on the books, and discussion of leads. I continued to learn to work in a fast-paced environment, negotiating rates, taking phone inquiries, contracts, etc.*Management seemed to all be on the same page, good communication. Some of management came from the former company, which did things differently than the Doubletree brand, so there was some challenges with change.*Co-workers were hard-working, had can-do team member attitudes*The hardest part of the job was the end of my consulting job, as I enjoyed it so much.*The most enjoyable part of the job, ws the spirit of the new hotel. Before, the Maya had been an old, run-down West Coast property. It was great to see the expressions on our clients faces when they arrived and were pleased.
Pros
visionary thinking, aesthetics and beauty of hotel, team members, team spirit
Cons
hotel was hard to find during construction at the harbor, understaffed due to cut-backs
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at DoubleTree by Hilton?