DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from DoubleTree by Hilton:

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Mahwah, NJ

Mahwah, NJ7 reviews
It is been 5+ years since working for Doubletree, Just realize DoubleTree by Hilton in Mahwah, NJ is manged by a management company called Hospitality Ventures & not Hilton. These rating are for Doubletree as whole and not Doubletree by Hilton in Mahwah, NJ.The lack of care and support was none. They will overwork you and trying to get vacation is pulling teeth. DoubleTree in General is a good chain. Yes I owe working this industry for my professional growth. Although, toward the end I was miserable and burnt out.Could not rely on upper management and most people I worked with were always complaining. This industry in general is awful pay for what you do and no work to family balance. It has been numerous years since I worked for this Management company Hospitality Ventures, thing might of changed.
Pros
Hilton Travel Benefits
Cons
To many to list
Would arrive for my shift a few minutes early to assess my shift. Would complete the duties for my respective shift (AM, Mid, Morning, Night Audit). Emulate and personify brand standards.
Great work environment! Boom Burger has the best turkey burgers in North Jersey. Not alot of meeting space but adequate for that size hotel. Lots of corporate parks located close by.
Pros
Great Restaurant
Worked with a very nice director of sales who is still my friend today. It was a productive work environment,nice hotel with a very friendly staff.
Pros
name brand property
Cons
no free meals
Doubletree by Hilton was a amazing. I had the best clients and colleagues. Truly the best clients ever!!! Great work environment and I made a lot of life long friends.
Pros
Great location
Cons
Franchise
Hotel is run by staff while management pushes numbers. Hotel is covered in Mold and staff is told to paint over mold and sell to hotel guest.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Hotel is covered in Mold
Checked-in/checked-out guests throughout the day, w/a delivery of a warm walnut chocolate chip cookie. Printed out and filled out docs. throughout the day. Issued room keys for each guest. Got bags of waters together for each Hilton Honors member. Answered the telephones throughout the day. Baked cookies continuously for the guests. Arranged wake up calls. Checked the gift shop inventory & rang up guests for what they purchased. Separated various mail. Brought complimentary chips/drinks to our guests floors to WOW them. Made up breakfast & beverage vouchers for Gold & Diamond Hilton Honor Guests. Gave Trip Advisor's to the guests whom I know had an excellent stay. Checked the resume book to see what parties were going to be had that day at our hotel. Satisfied special requests whenever possible to every guest. Informed guests about all the hotel features & amenities, as well as local attractions. Learned the OnQ Computer System. Counted the drawer, petty cash!

I worked with an amazing people, such team players if you will. We were more like family.
Pros
Loved my job!
Cons
Needing to clock out for lunch when I never took a lunch & continued working instead.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at DoubleTree by Hilton?
1.6K