DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from DoubleTree by Hilton:

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Memphis, TN

Memphis, TN42 reviews
Great company, team in ace was amazing. Learned alot from the manager in place. Family environment, compensation was competitive. Focused alot on employee happiness.
This was a very great and enjoyable place to work. The GM really cared about his team 🙂 and the guest. I would recommend this place to anyone looking to start a career in hospitality.
Pros
Great lunch hours and environment
Cons
No insurance
DoubleTree by Hilton with the best job ever I started off as a normal cook work my way on up to the bank is kitchen after that my manager had left he had a better offer at another job and so the director of the food and beverage he came to me and offered me the position after my manager executive chef position but it wasn't exactly executive chef it was more like kitchen supervisor or sous chef but it was amazing
Cleaning up rooms in restrooms in helping others. Looking at clean rooms before renting them out. Make sure my guest are ok in have everything in they rooms in make sure they have breakfast in lunch in the afternoon.
This company is stringing the associates along until enough money is made for renovations then you're left looking for employment and as a long term associate no severance package was offered just words of encouragement
They are over worked under paid cooks make 9.00 housekeeping 7.25 dishwashers 7.25 corporate are slave drivers the biggest one is in hr. Do not waste your time
I really love working at the double tree. I love being around, seeing, and meeting new people. It was always something new everyday going to work at the double tree.
It was fun wild it lasted the hotel will be closing in Feb 2020 for revations
so it no going to be open for long so any job offer is only for couple months
it was great place to work i like helping people and thats what the hilton about helping. it was a very relaxed job i kept every room spotless and also the lobby.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at DoubleTree by Hilton?
Nice as far as someone that already is well established in life and bored.. I was in house keeping.. they are messy. They cut your hours so the management of house keeping stay on the clock and pocket the extra money that suppose to go to the house keeping.... they literally tell us hey you gotta be gone by pm. A full paycheck was roughly 420.00.. for full time work but part time pay.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Everything else
This job has a big problem with assuming things instead of finding out the real problem. Management goes off anyone word which causes confusion and misleading .
Very professional people, great hours and pay, fun place to work and interact with people from in and out the city. Very flexible hours, always very respectable guests
I clean occupied and vacant rooms. I'm a people person and i like the experience the job gave to me. I was taught the setup in the bathroom and how to make beds their way.
Precision an swiftness is needed for the duty of inspector. You must notice details of any flaws in over 20 to 30 rooms a day and you will be held accountable for the flaws your associates do. This is not a problem and makes the job well fit for many people. The problem is the fact that I had to leave to seeing my dying grandmother, did every protocol to leave and see her without risking my job. But upon my return management brought illegitimate evidence, ( manager stated I said one thing on the phone that i never said, but it was there word against mine) to have me receive a final write up that if ever I was to miss work or get sick from that day on I would be fired. Aside from that the consistent racial humor they expressed over Hispanics was a bit uneasy to hear.
Pros
wonderful work system
Cons
terrible management
Too many people trying to run to maintenance. The hardest part of the job was getting upper management to listen about the condition of the building an equiptment.
Pros
Free lunches
Too low of pay for the work required. The hotel was so old so no matter how much you cleaned it still seemed like it wasn't good enough. The point system sucked. If you enjoy hospitality then you probably will enjoy. I understand why the turn over rate is so high in hospitality they treat you like a slave and you cant even live off the pay. Ill never do housekeeping EVER again.
Pros
none I could think of
Cons
low pay
This job was stressful. I learned how to really scrub a good toilets. I learned the basics, but they didn't give me a proper schedule. I went to work every day like always until they didn't need me anymore.
Pros
Yes free lunches but the food was sometimes not my kind food
Cons
The Breaks was descend
This is a great company to work for with great opportunity to move forward in what you can do great benefits in nice charming people to meet also the area is fantastic
I like housekeeping because I get to meet new people I like cleaning and making sure or guest I satisfy and comfortable living the meeting and greeting and keeping a smile on my face is a way to getting to know our guest
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
30min breaks
Not enough anyone time. they don’t know how to talk to anyone. Always have something smart to say about your work when they not trying to help you out.
This hotel had aome good people mostly at the front desk. Willing to helpout no matter what. Alot of turn over tho it was very high at times. Not sure how it is now.