DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Memphis, TN

Great company
Great company, team in ace was amazing. Learned alot from the manager in place. Family environment, compensation was competitive. Focused alot on employee happiness.
Cleaning up rooms in restrooms in helping others.
Cleaning up rooms in restrooms in helping others. Looking at clean rooms before renting them out. Make sure my guest are ok in have everything in they rooms in make sure they have breakfast in lunch in the afternoon.
The property is closing for renovations
This company is stringing the associates along until enough money is made for renovations then you're left looking for employment and as a long term associate no severance package was offered just words of encouragement
HR is a racist. You have to work 3 months to use your travel benefits. No support food and beverage is a failure.
They are over worked under paid cooks make 9.00 housekeeping 7.25 dishwashers 7.25 corporate are slave drivers the biggest one is in hr. Do not waste your time
this was also another fun and productive place to work
I really love working at the double tree. I love being around, seeing, and meeting new people. It was always something new everyday going to work at the double tree.
Hotel closing
It was fun wild it lasted the hotel will be closing in Feb 2020 for revations
so it no going to be open for long so any job offer is only for couple months
i love it
it was great place to work i like helping people and thats what the hilton about helping. it was a very relaxed job i kept every room spotless and also the lobby.
It’s a nice job
Nice as far as someone that already is well established in life and bored.. I was in house keeping.. they are messy. They cut your hours so the management of house keeping stay on the clock and pocket the extra money that suppose to go to the house keeping.... they literally tell us hey you gotta be gone by pm. A full paycheck was roughly 420.00.. for full time work but part time pay.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Everything else
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at DoubleTree by Hilton?
Dishwasher
This job has a big problem with assuming things instead of finding out the real problem. Management goes off anyone word which causes confusion and misleading .
Productive workplace with great benefits
Very professional people, great hours and pay, fun place to work and interact with people from in and out the city. Very flexible hours, always very respectable guests
It was a good experience
I clean occupied and vacant rooms. I'm a people person and i like the experience the job gave to me. I was taught the setup in the bathroom and how to make beds their way.
If they dont like you, you better plan to lose your job
Precision an swiftness is needed for the duty of inspector. You must notice details of any flaws in over 20 to 30 rooms a day and you will be held accountable for the flaws your associates do. This is not a problem and makes the job well fit for many people. The problem is the fact that I had to leave to seeing my dying grandmother, did every protocol to leave and see her without risking my job. But upon my return management brought illegitimate evidence, ( manager stated I said one thing on the phone that i never said, but it was there word against mine) to have me receive a final write up that if ever I was to miss work or get sick from that day on I would be fired. Aside from that the consistent racial humor they expressed over Hispanics was a bit uneasy to hear.
Pros
wonderful work system
Cons
terrible management
Not a good place to work
Too many people trying to run to maintenance. The hardest part of the job was getting upper management to listen about the condition of the building an equiptment.
Pros
Free lunches
It was okay
Too low of pay for the work required. The hotel was so old so no matter how much you cleaned it still seemed like it wasn't good enough. The point system sucked. If you enjoy hospitality then you probably will enjoy. I understand why the turn over rate is so high in hospitality they treat you like a slave and you cant even live off the pay. Ill never do housekeeping EVER again.
Pros
none I could think of
Cons
low pay
Painful Experiment
This job was stressful. I learned how to really scrub a good toilets. I learned the basics, but they didn't give me a proper schedule. I went to work every day like always until they didn't need me anymore.
Pros
Yes free lunches but the food was sometimes not my kind food
Cons
The Breaks was descend
Maintaining a clean room for the quest
This is a great company to work for with great opportunity to move forward in what you can do great benefits in nice charming people to meet also the area is fantastic
I really enjoyed working for double tree hilton perfect team work
I like housekeeping because I get to meet new people I like cleaning and making sure or guest I satisfy and comfortable living the meeting and greeting and keeping a smile on my face is a way to getting to know our guest
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
30min breaks
They need a lot help
Not enough anyone time. they don’t know how to talk to anyone. Always have something smart to say about your work when they not trying to help you out.
Fun workplace
This hotel had aome good people mostly at the front desk. Willing to helpout no matter what. Alot of turn over tho it was very high at times. Not sure how it is now.
productive fast past good customer service
my job at the double tree was to assit customers an clean maintain areas in the hotel .like bathrooms ,bedrooms an hallways keep up with assingments dutties.
Pros
free breaks
Cons
health benfits, dental benfits
Either your "in" or not
It felt like high school again but with mostly women around. There was constant gossip, bad mouthing, rudeness, an even racism but mildly. such was what you got in such a place, and if you got around that then your real struggle was keeping up with the work with partial training that they give. For a job that's vital to the company, you would think they would better train you so that you can do your best.
Pros
the benifits, the income, and the hours
Cons
drama, gossip, rudeness, and lack of proper training
1.6K