DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Midland, TX

There are a lot of good managers and employees to work with but at the same time there is a lot of drama and chaos in the workplace. The hotel and staff need some serious updating and training.
I learned how to be a faster housekeeper .. how to clean in a routine... I leaned how to work with two people to a room and laundry... washing and folding linen
When I worked here I was house keeping. They allowed employees to stay on property and I had gotten two of their rooms, one shredded the pillows and blankets and tore the mirror off the wall. The other one the lady literally took a number 2 on the floor and smeared it on the toilet and wall. I got written up for “taking too long cleaning those rooms”
Good coworkers. Low pay. No raises. No benefit package. No respect for line level. Line level is looked down on. Very small company with few employees. Management is the only ones to receive any respect and speaks poorly of line level employees.
This location was extremely fast paced and fun to work at. I made alot of money and had alot of amazing experiences here. The owner was really nice and always helped.
Atypical day would be coming to work to provide hospitality to our guests. Learning how to interact with different people everyday. The hardest part of the job would be the long hours on your feet. The most enjoyable part of the job would be seeing the guests happy with their service.
Pros
one free meal everyday.
Cons
standing on feet for hours
DoubleTree Hilton Midland Plaza is an exceptional hotel with a group of first rate owners and management team. Anyone who is lucky enough to get a job in this hotel is blessed! It is the "premier property" in the Permian Basin The hardest part of the job is not gaining 50 lbs from those amazing chocolate cookies that the front desk gives out at check in!
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at DoubleTree by Hilton?