DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Modesto, CA

This is a good job that offers good pay. The cons are that they keep on changing the schedule which I don't like. Overall the managers are very good people and might even get you a second break if you need it.
Pros
food
Cons
time
Great communication, my manager trusted me, hired me for my first job. Training prepares you for the job. Easy to get on when you start working on the floor. Clear goals.
Pros
Free delicious high quality lunch
Working in the food industry, and customer service Arena educates and forces you to be able to improvise on the spot, in order to best serve your customers. There’s so many elements to it that you don’t control, so you must learn to adjust, recalibrate, and control collateral damage in the best way possible . The double tree team and management do the best at providing you with the tools you need, to get the job done, by an upper echelon of standards . I am forever grateful to have worked there and learned everything I did.
Supervisor were exactly on time and giving our duties perfectly.I was treated respectly and co-wokers were friendly.Most enjoyable part was that i met lot of new and friendly people.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
lack of space in tea break area
I learned a lot working at Double Tree. I learned three different positions while working. My coworkers fun to work with. I still keep in touch with them after all these years.
Pros
Free lunch
Doubletree was very good at working with school and family scheduling issues and co-workers were fun to work with for the most part. Management seemed absent most of the time and there were days where managers were required but were never scheduled like Sundays and Mondays. Typically one can expect to work multiple roles in any given day or night and sometimes that can be stressful when customers view slow service as a problem with you when in reality it is the management trying to save on labor.
Pros
free meals
Cons
absent management and a negligently short staff evening crew.
Working during my younger days as a Bartender. Fun club each night we were open. All the staff and managers were friends, so we could hang out on our days off. Would enjoy working there again if given the opportunity.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Not enough hours.
I left my position with this company to soon. It was my fault at the time when I thought I would be able to come back that following season. Only to find out it wouldnt be so easy to get back in the door. It was a great place to work. Management was great, co workers were pretty great and pay was pretty good. I loved it...
The Double Tree as a hotel i couldn't tell you anything about, I work on the banquet halls and man that was easily the hardest job of my life, i still have nightmare about all the dishes
It's perfect for extra money, great hotel benefits for travel, very flexible schedule, good company to work for. Room for growth, most management is awesome.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
GM and DOS were outstanding to work with. Learned more about the community via participating in Chamber events. Other management were competent but lacked teamwork.
I have been with the company for 6 years. The management team has given me a lot of opportunities to grow with the company as I have been promoted 4 times. I am unfortunately at a stand still with growth as both my immediate managers are not planning to leave the company anytime soon. I am always looking to grow and I have nothing but respect for those two individuals as they have taught me a lot and have impacted my growth in so many ways. Working with my team and the hotel team is always a pleasure as they really bring the true spirit of hospitality. It is nice to lead the team with positive leadership and guiding the employees o make more of themselves along the way.
Pros
Relocation opportunities, Management and employeee moral
Cons
No where else for me to grow at this property.
In a lot of way I feel like I grew up at this job. I only had a few restaurant jobs outside of culinary school, so I was very excited to work at the hotel. I definitely learned a lot about various cuisines, time management and working with all sorts of personalities.
A typical day at work begins by going and getting my bank for the cash register. I then get out a coffee pot for to-go cups of coffee and then clean up and organize my area. As i am in that process i am also sure to greet and seat guests as they walk through the door. I ask them how their morning is going and make them feel welcome. I tell them about the restaurants special and ask them what they would like to drink. I then let the server know that they have a guest to attend to and then go back to cleaning. I fold napkins for the breakfast and lunch/dinner shifts then i polish silverware. and i continue to seat and greet people throughout my shift. At the end of my shift i drop the money i owe to the hotel from my bank and then count the money and put it away. I then go back to the restaurant and help bus, clean, and flip the restaurant for the lunch shift. I have learned to good customer service skills, how to work under pressure in a fast paced environment, and great hospitality skills. The management there is super nice and respectful and always open to new ideas. They are fair and helpful in many situations. My co-workers are all very respectful of each other and very kind to the guests. They have made me feel like a part of a family. The hardest part of my job would be busing enough tables as fast as the guests are coming in. I try to give the guests quick service and try as hard as i can to seat people quickly. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the customers who have become regulars. They are there every day and i enjoy having conversations with them.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
holiday work
supervise set ups, meet the client, ensure their satisfaction. coworkers are like a family, hardest part; when not be able to provide client expectations because we depend on other Department to do so, i.e. not be able to serve lunch on time when chef is not ready but yet we facing the client. Most enjoyable. when client thank me for the great service provided, the sense of accomplishment that made me feel.
Pros
free lunches.
Cons
Health care too expensive.
Setting up bars. Making sure all bottles were full, getting money counted for register, serving drinks, and really enjoying the customers I served. Taking down bars, counting money, and dropping money, and cleaning up. Iv learned I love working with the public, and I am a people person. The management there was great. They would be fair, and they would work with you if you needed them to. My co-workers were great to work with. We would have fun working. The hardest part of my job would be setting up the bars, and the most enjoyable part of my job was the people I worked with. We were all like a family.
Pros
when we got done serving the dinners, we would get the diners that were left.
Cons
i dont think their were any cons to my jobs.
Please see resume for detailsChecking in customersTaking phone callsAuditing