DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Nashville, TN

Nashville, TN22 reviews
Doubletree by Hilton Downtown Nashville, working there was a great experienced for me. I encountered people from all walks of life everyday, I was frequently reminded, there is no such thing as the perfect career. One just work towards achieving his/her desires.
Love working here meet lots of ppl from all over. I try to encourage them to have fun while staying in our city. Love the staff. The hotel offers a wide variety of ways to add fun to the work load.
A typical day at work is coming in at 8 am. Having a meeting downstairs to make sure everyone was there, then afterwards we would go and eat breakfast. After that we would go and tend to our rooms and our guest. Some days would be longer than usual and some would be short, I had good days and I had bad days but overall my experience with double tree was great. I wish I could go back and work for them I really do its a really good company. And good people, very diverse and I learned something new at least almost every day. What a great experience. The hardest part of the job was when we had angry customers so as they were angry I would calm them down and ask what they need, and when I was told what they need I gave them extra. Happy guest happy ratings. Management was okay except for when the boss left and others were in charge they didnt do there jobs properly. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know new people. The workplace culture was great.
Hilton is a great company. I have enjoyed my years here from concierge to management. The best part of my job has always been the hotel guests! I am now ready to get a but closer to home but would still work for Hilton!
This by far was one of the best places that I have worked at. The whole kitchen staff was great to work for, from the head chef down to the servers and bellhops. I hated that I had to leave this job.
Pros
Easy, laid back atmsopher, good pay, and good benefits
Cons
The late hours 1 AM Wed-Sat
Bad management will cause great employees to leave. This was the case for several great managers and employees. The management company does not care that the current GM is destroying their employee culture that took years to build.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
General Manager
I honestly never leave reviews like this, but felt the need to warn other people before being employed here. Everything from to top to bottom is ran ack backwards here. Managers are horrendous. Micromanaging at it's finest with each person training people in a different way, getting yelled at daily for doing it each way you are trained. The managers go as far as making you look as incompetent as possible in front of the guests as possible to make themselves look good. You can ask all day long what you can help with or what something new to learn to help would be, but instead they ignore you, then yell at you when you aren't "doing" something. It is honestly so bad it is a laughing matter. I am convinced they do not want people to move up and work hard because they only promote from outside. People that work extremely hard and have been here for years get treated very badly and are never considered for upward movement. In the beginning they also tell you for every review a person leaves with your name on it, you get compensated for. No matter how many reviews you work for, that money will never be seen. There is no morale. The best way I can describe this hotel is that its covered by a dark cloud where everyone is always in a bad mood and everyone is irritable. It is also very hard for me to get behind a company/brand without it giving satisfaction and quality to it's customers which i did not see at all. Rooms were anywhere from 3 to 500 nightly, and the rooms were very old, ceilings falling down, mold EVERYWHERE, broken items, very unclean rooms on a daily basis, and at least - more...
Pros
Nice starbucks staff
Cons
Everything else
it was a great place to work, and I was treated well. Like any customer service job, it required patience and a sense for others needs. It was great experience in the work field.
Pros
free meal every day, and a break every day.
Cons
stand in 1 spot for 1/3 of a day at a time.
The hospitality industry is a great place to work. The hotel management was not great at all. Underminded, underhanded things going on each day. Political environment
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
General Manager Unprofessional
I liked my coworkers and the work environment. Teamwork and positive attitude is my ideal work environment.

I like customer service. I always enjoyed my the customers.
A typical day would be slow. I learn how to do banquet on a mass scale. Management was really not hands on because I worked at night.The culture was alright for the most part. The hardest part was just staying busy when we were slow. the most part of the job was the people that I worked with.
The guest service manager showed preferential treatment to her friends that worked the front desk. They worked with her at her previous place of employment. She threaten to fire me and I terminated my employment.
Pros
paid meals
Cons
Unfair treatment
Serving at a hotel is different than serving at any other restaurant. It requires more customer service and guest satisfaction than any other job I've had.
It was my very first time working in a hotel and in my life in general. And the Hilton didn'nt made it hard for me to learn as a first timer. They teach me everything that need to do as part of the company. You grow as a human everyday while working there cause you meet and interact with people everyday. Social intellectual is always improving and your personal knowledge as well. The reason why I\m still working in this company are the people I work with too, we're like family. My second home. Personally, you're not gonna feel you're working there because we treat each other nicely and in a proper way. I literally grew up with this company.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No school benefits
the doubletree downtown nashville was amazing when i started but i as i got to know employees and management it went to me wanting to quit. Baristas are rude to each other as well to the guest in the hotel. They talk about praticipating in drug activities as well performing them in front of guest. They're lazy and not team players. if it doesnt benefit them they wont do their job, I hurried up and got away,working in an environment takes a lot out you. it got to the point where we didnt have some items for key beverages we were promoting... I recommend geting a STARBUCKS MANAGER ASAP.
Pros
Free Lunch, sweet deals on hotels
Cons
Unfriendly emplyees, Food and beverage management lacks communication skills, Unprofessional
A typical day involved checking people in and out, running reports, checking rooms and running credit cards and making change, posting meals and giftshop items to customers room. I learned how to operate PBX, enter and block rooms for groups andenter rooming lists for groups.
I worked closely with Director of Sales during football season to align high profile people with the desired accommodations.
My job was amazing. Greeting the customers seeing their smiles and knowing that I made a difference was the most important thing to me. Everyday was an adventure, and it made being their worth it.
Pros
being around people serving
Cons
non consistent hours
nice place and nice people, boss like it long as everyone did there job bonus and lunch giving on special events
I worked in 3 different departments at the time of employment. I was a houseman, banquet server and I painted and did some general custodial duties as well. I come check my BO and start setting up rooms and probably some tear down as well. Change uniforms and serve at night.
Pros
good manager
Cons
they fired the manager
Coworkers were always late, systems were never working properly
Pros
free lunch
Cons
never able to take full break
Over all it is a great company to work.Zimbabwe class every week.
Pros
lunch provided by the hotel.
Cons
my vacation time.
1.6K