DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in New Bern, NC

Found 8 reviews matching the search See all 4,113 reviews
Great experience
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NC16 August 2019
Great opportunity for advancement within the company. I was promoted within 6 months.
Great staff and family like atmosphere. I made friends for life. If it wasnt for hurricane Florence and the hotel closing for renovations, I would still be there.
No interdepartmental flex.
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NC22 July 2019
This was a lovely property to work for! The location was prime! However, the divided atmosphere between the front desk and the sales department was incredibly counterproductive. I have worked the front desk as well as the sales department and have never encountered such a blockade from the sales department while trying to sell rooms. It was a very disappointing experience.
Great employee relations.
BOOKKEEPER (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NC13 August 2018
I had a great experience working here. I was able to grow and progress my career. It was very hard to leave. I would recommend this company to anyone who wants to work their way up the ladder.
Fast Pace work environment with opportunity to grow
Property Financial Controller (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NC14 March 2018
Hospitality work is never the same from day to day. Each department works with each other to ensure that daily operations run smoothly and that guests enjoy their stay. Many employees wear multiple hats which allows for promotion within the company.
Fun to work there to stressful.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NC6 October 2017
Double Tree is ok to work there. Sometimes the Manger's don't care. I will not recommend anyone to work there .You get blame for things that you didn't have anything to do with .If they would call me back , I wouldn't go. That was my experience at Double Tree by Hilton. Which is now called trouble tree .
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
The Best Job I Had
Waitress, Hostess, and Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NC7 June 2017
Not only was this my first job but, it was my first of many jobs. Bussing, hosting, waitress, banquets, room service. I learned all my customer service skills here and the people I worked with became like family to me. I loved my environment and I made good money.
Pros
free lunch, discounts on hotel rooms, plenty of hours, nice coworkers
Cons
being awake at 5:30
Not a great job
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NC7 November 2016
Co-workers didn't feel like like a team, Managers never seemed to care how much work got left for other shifts, Hotel wasn't kept up as needed which made us encounter more issues that would of have been easily solved with maintenance.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Managers didn't seem to care