DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in New York, NY

Found 58 reviews matching the search See all 4,127 reviews
I think every day is a learning experience and will be more productive
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  New York, NY1 December 2019
It's a great pleasure to have the guests coming back over and over again to my hotel or restaurant because they are satisfied with my work performance specifically provided always a friendly service
Compromised building construction
Maintenance Engineer III (Current Employee) –  New York, NY25 October 2019
Building was constructed with lots of compromises.
No service elevator
No enough space for staff
No easy access for staff entry or exit
The no of rooms are way higher than compared to elevator for the guest
Better for a stepping stone!!
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  New York, NY6 April 2019
You will gain a lot of experiences here. Gets really busy sometimes with a lot of mechanical problems. Wonderful benefits and discounts and they do have a wonderful management program.
Benefits
Cons
Mechanical issuse
A dream place
Doorman (Former Employee) –  New York, NY1 March 2019
Double tree hotel was a family oriented work environment.The majority of the employees have been there past twenty years.We
did enjoyed the medical benefits,the camaraderie among the managers and the employees.My peers and I are extremely sadden that it has closed ,it has been the best 20 years I have ever worked.
Fun work place
Runner (Former Employee) –  New York, NY5 February 2019
A typical day at work double tree fun I have to be first at work with my manager to set up coffe bars arrange seats and sitting areas and help the cheff with cooking items by preparing food items for cooking and clean and wash dishes
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Everything is good except For some minor problems
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  New York, NY9 September 2018
The good things are that we can leave right away after you finish cleaning the rooms. The bad things are that the elevators there break very often. Another bad thing is that there is no free lunches for employees.
Pros
Leaving right after you clean the room.
Cons
No free lunches for employee
Rewarding experience
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NY14 August 2018
Overall rating is 5 because I learned a lot. Was exposed to so many things that I am now ready to take on a higher role. Keep in mind that this is a franchise managed by Magna Hospitality group.
Pros
Opportunity for growth
Cons
Structure, not enough employees for demands of guests and corporate.
Producted and fun working at double tree
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  New York11 August 2018
Working at the Double Tree Hotel surrounds the guests and workers with an ethnic diverse group of people. Its fun to experience other cultures, backgrounds and religions.
I enjoy working special events and the guests that participate. It is a great amount of set up and clean up, but very enjoyable during events. sales and service always enjoyable
Pros
Holidays dinner for employees
Cons
Health care
amazing people
SERVER (Former Employee) –  New York, NY1 March 2018
fun place,fun people, learned great customer skills. Learned many things from the guest, as they came from many walks of like . Great restaurant, hospitality amazing
Pros
many
Cons
Fast-paced environment with friendly staff and great benefits
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  New York, NY20 February 2018
This is a great place to work if you like staying busy. You have to be people friendly and maintain a positive attitude. Our staff is very friendly and always wearing a smile.
Pros
Discount lunch, access to gym, discount room.
Cons
Extremely busy with no breaks inbetween.
Good place to climb the corporate ladder
Engineering Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NY9 January 2018
This place is great to work at if you like being in the hospitality industry and climbing that particular corporate ladder. Work/life balance is pretty bad though because this place expects you to stay for far longer than what your allotted hours are supposed to be and they won't pay you overtime unless the GM approves. People can be awful and those who you thought were your friends may not end up being your friends. Managers are quick to throw others under the bus if it conveniences them rather than take the blame or try to work it out.
Pros
Free lunches for managers, paid holidays, discount hotel stays
Cons
long hours, people definitely show their bad side.
Exciting Location
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  New York, NY15 November 2017
Very large property operated by an excellent team with great chemistry to achieve the common goal: guest satisfaction. Upper management always shows support and encouragement.
Exciting work place
Houseman/ Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NY3 September 2017
My typical work day at the Doubletree as a houseman, starting my day with a smile, greeting everyone and seeing if anyone needs any help with anything. Being enthusiastic and eager to learn new things got me promoted to housekeeping supervisor.

The hardest part of my job was understanding the housekeeping ladies. As time went on I was able to develop good relationship with them.
The most enjoyable part was meeting and interacting with different people. I enjoy meeting new people and making sure my staff and guest feel good. Hospitality is me.
Fast paced, military style
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NY28 August 2017
I loved my experience at the double tree. Having the opportunity to help open the hotel and get it up to guest standards for the grand opening was a great achievement to me. Being able to provide guests with amazing service to meet their every needs.
Pros
Wonderful guests and an awesome group of team memebers to meet hues needs.
Cons
New agency and a more military feel between housekeepers and managers. Minimum unity
Loved my coworkers
Barista (Former Employee) –  New York, NY16 August 2017
Great to work in the department I did but only heard bad things about other departments. The management higher up were kind of a mess and didn't care about the employees.
not enough pay
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  New York, NY24 July 2017
working there didn't really pay off. you busting your butt for $5.50 per room no matter the size. it was unorganized and unprofessional. i would recommend anyone to work there.
I learned a lot
Houseman/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  New York, NY26 May 2017
For a first time hotel job it helped me understand how to work in this setting. Certain things there are not right but it's a job and it pays good money.
Dinning area and lounge
Director of Engineering (Former Employee) –  New York, NY2 May 2017
Hilton Double tree has very high standards which I thrive for trying to better than the next hotel PM programs and renovations are my specialty. I always keep a safe environment for the guest and staff.
Learned new management avenues
Director of Food and Beverage (Former Employee) –  New York, NY6 April 2017
As director in charge of all aspects of Food and Beverage: was taught the Hilton concepts, enjoyed the expereince.i was in charge of all Inventories, beverages, food, and equipment used.
Pros
New concepts
Cons
Higher Management was inexperienced
safe and Productive
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  New York, NY26 February 2017
Safe and productive workplace the hours worked balanced with the daily activities. upper Management always there to lend a hand when needed.

51.5K