DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Newark, NJ

Gain tons of customer service experience and get to meet plenty of people from around the world.
A typical day at work would usually consist of 140-160 check-ins apart from group check-in or events. Due to the location, it would get busy in a matter of minutes due to flight cancellations and events hosted nearby. Good for people with flexible availability since the schedules are never really set.
Pros
Free lunch, discounts on hotels
Cons
Very Busy, Agents have a lot on their plate
Love the brand
I love the Doubletree by Hilton. They have been very supportive of my goals and personal aspirations which means a lot to me as a family man and entrepreneur.
Every one experience is different.
You could try and see if it works for you.
Management has their favorites

Co workers are LAZY and Management doesn't address it. And the work was pretty easy so I don't know why worker are so lazy.
Its a fun place to work and I can put my expertise in action
Co- workers are friendly and they make you feel happy. There’s a lot to learn in engineering department. It’s a good experience for me working at the Doubletree by Hilton at Newark NJ
The hotel is very amazing. I like how people are treated with respect and dignity. The customers are friendly and they were one of the main reason of why i like to come at work, just to see them happy and healthy.
Loved the work environment. Management was helpful and paid attention to detail. Able to communicate with management as needed. Worked hard to provide and leave a great impression with management.
A spirited and high paced enviorment.
Very similar to that of The Renaissance Hotel as both were airport properties and both were owned and managed by the same company.
Typical day at work
My job consists of assisting guests everyday. The most challenging part is accommodating their needs when it is nearly impossible but that is why we are hospatality. To make sure you feel like you're home outside of home.
Pros
free lunch.
Cons
poor management
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at DoubleTree by Hilton?
great
great job should apply for it im looking for something more during the day trying to move on with my career and almost done with school
Interesting and very fast paced.
An airport property has a fast turn around of meetings and events. Last minute meetings in the day for the day are not uncommon. Thinking outside of the box is a definite requirement. The work is very detail oriented and diverse.

Working at the hotel has and is teaching me everyday and that is what always keeps the job exciting and interesting.
Pros
Working on your own
Cons
Nice place as any typical hotel. Nice co-workers. And good management.
Great Place. I've been here for several years and have learned quite a bit and have gotten a lot of experience dealing with many different things
Beautiful Hotel, well situated. Has a lot to offer. One of the largest Hotels in this area. Great, friendly, professional staff who take a genuine caring for its Guests.
Pros
Great to work for. Awesome enviroment
Cons
There are no cons
Team work
Interdependence
We are all in this together . Interdependence acknowledges a mutual dependency in the work situation , to achieve what needs to done , we have to rely on each other , yes you are management and they employees but you need each other to succeed.
Pros
lunchs are free
Cons
no breaks, works through
line cook fast clean prep food for the kitchen
iwork linecook prepcook banquet work with other cook in the line
1.6K