DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Niagara Falls, NY

The company will keep you busy.
I clock into work. I ask for tasks that has not been completed yet and ask questions for my mental notes. I learn as much as they are willing to teach. Always room for improvements. The enjoyable part of the job is satisfying each guests that have any concerns or complaints. Hardest part of the job is trying to complete all major tasks by yourself on one shift within 7 and half hours because you still have to take your half hour break. That's mandatory.
Pros
discounts on rooms and meals in the restaurant.
Cons
being forced to complete a project that really takes time to complete in one shift.
Productive and fun place to work for.
A very enjoyable place to work for. Awesome employees and staff at the job site. The guests makes for an interesting experience. Always learning while on the job and having fun.
experience is the best component. Staff is amazing, great place to learn a lot of new stuff. Helpful management. Comes with all the necessary benefits, for full time as well as part time employes.
Summary
Terrible place to work. Never enough people, too many rooms assigned to housekeepers, bad management team. I would never recommend any department in this hotel to anyone.
Very good
Lots of oppritunity to gain expeince. They gave you lots of chances to grow and also helped you to succeed. The boss was strict but professional and always talked highly of us.
Pros
free food
Cons
short breaks
Poorly ran
The big bosses don't run the company right , nobody works together it's like being in highs hook again . And they don't try to pay you , when your doing jobs that's not in your job description. Try to keep you where you at and not help
Pros
Good hotel rates
Cons
No raises, poor communication skills between workers
great fine dining with great staff
this a place where servers enjoy working besides the tips we the servers have a opportunity to display amazing costumer service to each guest that visit
Very fun, but hard working when need be, managememt was a little off ballance but the crew was very helpful..
The Double Tree was very wonderful experience, Im sorry i had to relocate due to personal issues. My experience was great, the management could have been more extensive due to the the P.O.S system but really is time on a Trainer's part. But overall not a bad word to say.
Pros
1/2 off employee meals
Cons
nothing/fair
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at DoubleTree by Hilton?
hard, stressful,
this job was not fun, they expect you there at 4 in the morning to gave hot breakfast ready for the guest by 6 a.m. and then they usually keep you there to handle the lunch rush and a la cart breakfast orders and room service all while the chefs sit in the office.
Stressfull job, bad management
i got paid 9.25 with no tips while everybody they brought in after me made $10.00 plus. The new hires that got paid $14. and $14.75 got fired and they never gave me a raise.
Pros
its a job
Cons
low wages, poor judgement
Good
Good place to work. Good Management Team, Lot of room for advancement. Constantly growing company, that like to retain good long term employees. Good place to work
Fast pace Restaurant
Setup and operated all restaurant food line positions for the Buchanan's Restaurant. Developed the skills of working for the live counters, presentation, preparation and portioning of banquet entrees. Produced excellent dishes and fine cuisine.
•Setup and worked for Buffet, A la Carte and Omelette counter for the morning breakfast during busy hours.

•Worked for pastries and cookies for the Hotel.

•Setup and work for Cold and Hot section for the Lunch, Dinner, Weddings and meetings. (A la Carte)
Pros
Appreciation and motivation for every work.
Cons
There were no such cons, my availability to work for all the shifts made me harworking and effecient.
1.6K