DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in North Charleston, SC

Found 10 reviews matching the search See all 4,017 reviews
Do not work here
Sous Chef evening (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SC24 March 2019
The management is horrible childish and does not listen to any suggestions or solutions. Preferential treatment to certain workers. And the paid time off is a joke.
Night Audit
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SC27 November 2018
I love everything about my job including the job itself, staff, management and most important the guest! I have worked with this company for over 6 years.
Pros
Guest and Staff
Productive workplace
Server/ Banquet server (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SC9 October 2018
Met a lot of great and friendly co-workers,that made it fun to work there.
Teamwork is always great there. The hotel guests reviews were excellent fot this hotel.
Pros
Very friendly
Cons
Sometimes to unorganized for special events
fun place to work
Bartender (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SC23 May 2018
fun place to work, great customers from all over. we had huge discounts on other Hilton properties on available dates. uniforms provided and discounts on employee meals.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
long hours, not fully staffed
bartending/service/ roomservice
Bartender/Service/Room Service (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SC15 February 2017
It was a fun and good atmosphere to work in. I had a great deal of autonomy in this position which was of great benefit to me. It was certainly one of the most enjoyable jobs I have has serving people.
Pros
autonomy
A DoubleTree Life
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SC20 December 2016
I've fallen in love with working in the hospitality industry. I love the thrill and rush I get from meeting new people, to a crazy and hectic day with multiple guest check-ins. Working at the front desk really helps you improve your communication skills, problem solving, and understanding situations that other people may be facing. Every hotel I've worked for, I've found a friend for life in the co-workers I've had the pleasure of working with. This industry is definitely something that I want to be able to move up in and one day maybe own a hotel.
Supervisor
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SC8 September 2016
Does not pay for work. If you are acting Management you will not be considered or compensated. Pay is way too low for the amount of work performed.
Great place to work, but to much micromanagement
Night Auditor/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SC21 April 2014
Great place to work, only problem is that there to many bosses to answer to. The owners are always at the hotel, throwing their weight around and the managers are alway on your case about something.
I am a true believer of just letting people work and develop, and not just suffocating them. Management need to trust the people that they hire to do a good job.
Productive work enviroment
Guest Service Agent, Driver (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SC24 February 2014
Management was awesome, and there was room to move up from my current position. I learned how to use their computer system fast because management trained me quick and they made it easy to learn. My co-workers were extremely nice and made me feel like i had been a part of the team for years. They were always willing to help me with anything i need. The hardest part of my job was working for the amount of money they wanted to pay me, I did three jobs in one and made the least amount of money out of everyone. I asked for a raise but it never came. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the people i worked with and helping customers feel like they were at home when they stayed at our hotel. I only left because i ended up moving to another state but would go back if i had the chance.
Pros
Smoke breaks when possible, free food sometimes
Cons
No healthcare was offered because not enough employees wanted it