DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from DoubleTree by Hilton:

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Norwalk, CA

Norwalk, CA6 reviews
Working for Doubletree was a great experience and helped me grow in my career as I converted the hotel from a Marriott to a Doubletree as it was great experience.
Pros
People, Postive Culture
Cons
Limited advancement due to management company
Some of the staff can be really cool. But then theres the others who don't do their job and leave you to clean up their mess while they get their tips. Management well is never around, when there is an issue or problem they don't really address it, If someone is doing something wrong like not doing their job they would just turn their shoulder and ignore it making somebody else pick up the slack. I was their, did my job, and got paid. I met a lot of interesting people though and that was worth it. Then there were the regulars that would make you laugh and well just happy to see them.
Pros
Free lunches, dinner and discounts
Cons
Poor management
Always busy and lots of work to be done. Friendly work environment. Nice big kitchen to play around in. All and all a great place to work. Newly remodeled restaurant.
Pros
Lots of hours to work
Cons
No room to advance
New owners and management company took over and department managers were removed and replaced. The Sales Department became a personnel of one DOSM, one catering manager, one sales manager and one sales coordinator selling 13,000 square feet of meeting space and 171 guest rooms. With the Sales and Catering team reduced in half, it was impossible to take care of our guests stay and clients' events accordingly.
Pros
Many of the associates have worked at the hotel over 20 years.
Cons
Reduced in staffing in many of the departments, especially in Operations.
I loved my banquet staff, always professional to the guests. The ballrooms were beautiful, high ceilings, pre-function space and ample parking. I handled the social market focusing on Weddings, Quinceaneras and additionally, Indian Weddings. The most enjoyable part of my job was building relationships with the guests. In particular ~ the wedding couples. Watching the excitement in their faces as I describe their special day ~ walking them through the ballrooms at a site tour and describing how the day will be. Finally, they commit and our journey begins until their day. The other part of that would be being on site the day of their wedding and seeing all their expectations and more have been met. I loved the flexibility I had to be creative in my sell so that I not only put the guest first, but ensure optimum revenue for the hotel and profitable. The hardest part of the job is that there can be long hours especially because it is so busy and there were times that staffing was an issue. Not adequate banquet staff.
Pros
Lunch included, bonus structure, hotel discounts
Cons
Benefits. Not very many holidays, no comp dry cleaning
I have been Here for 2 years. It is under renovation and the hotel is climbing to top ten in the nation. Great staff who are passionate about what they do.
Pros
free lunch and food
Cons
varied shifts (morning, night, graveyard)
1.6K