DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from DoubleTree by Hilton:

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Novi, MI

Novi, MI10 reviews
The job itself was great. argue manages and staff were horrible. Very much ghetto. Work environment was very negative. It was never any positive energy.
Only negative is you have to fight for your bonus and commission checks, if you are not involved daily in your sales numbers you will never hit the goals they set. Managed extremely well and workplace culture was wonderful.
Great job, low pay but it's a great place to work and have a life outside of work. Everyone there is like one big family, they truly care about you as a person.
I worked at this property, left to take a General Manager position for learning experience, and when things changed I was able to go right back to property without question. I enjoyed the fact that this property had regular guests who I was able to build relationships with and know their preferences in order to make their arrival and stay more enjoyable for them.
I love working at Double Tree Hotel. I am looking forward to working with your company again and i am a very good working any one at Double Tree Hotel at Novi could tell you that
Pros
We paid half price on food
Cons
We had one half hour breaks sometimes
The management is terrible. The communication is terrible. The pay is terrible. You get room discounts. The housekeepers are ghetto. It is very slow and in the afternoons the management is slim so thats a bonus.
One of the best places I've worked for. I've had other jobs in the same career field and by far the best as far as work environment, management and staff.
Pros
Career advancement
Cons
I didn't have any cons at all
I serve breakfast to the staying guests at the hotel. I have a lot of business men regulars that I enjoy taking care of weekly. I get to meet a lot of interesting people from around the world from many different cultures and languages.
Pros
Disounts on hotel stays
Cons
I start work at 5 am.
I learned how to properly clean hotel rooms and inspect them afterwards. I learned how to work in a business class environment and how to conduct myself as such.
Pros
Very cheap lunches
Cons
2 bad managers
A typical day of work consisted of putting away stock, prep work for that night or the following morning, cooking food to order for the hotel's restaurant, and maintaining kitchen cleanliness. At the start of getting a job at the Double Tree i was just a dish washer, I quickly learned my ways around the kitchen and was promoted to becoming a line cook. I owe all my knowledge of cooking to this place. The hardest part of the job was lack of employees, we where constantly understaffed.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Under staffed
1.6K