DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Oak Brook, IL

Fun people to work with
Process payroll and bill out group events/rooms. Work closely with department managers and the sales team. I also work with the HR department entering new hire/ changes to employee info. Union billing.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
wrok long hours
Worked with great people
Amazing staff through and through. If it wasn't for the commute, im sure i would still be there. You cant find a better front office manager anywhere else
Dynamic enviorment , fast paced
One thing I have learned is there is no typical work day. That is what makes Hospitality careers so exciting and rewarding. You really never know what challenges you will face during any given day. Something new all the time, just when you think you have seen it all, something news comes along.
Pros
Free and reduced lunch, steady hours, great management
Cons
Overall benefits
Over all a good place to work.
Over all a good place to work. Allot of the staff has been their for over fifteen years. Jobs in the different departments are consistent. Unions allowed in this hotel and the pay scale for such jobs are good. Their does not seem to be a large turn over of staff
Pros
Good place to work. Good salary for union employees
Cons
Shift alway change.
Equal consistence in all team members
A typical day is getting as much accomplished as possible on your "to do list", realizing that task will and could always change. But still a great guide to have. Paying attention to the clients needs and helping them to accomplish their wishes and at the same time keeping the integrity, goals and mission of the company in mind. I totally believe in working as a team, and remembering there is no "I" in team. At the end of the day, it is what the team was able to bring to the table, and helping other team members if there is any downfalls or lack. The hardest part was being given the right balance to complete the task at hand, especially if the company has proven record of not being successful, of that task in the first place. The most enjoyable is seeing the gratification, or knowing that the company or I helped that client reach or exceed his expectations!
Pros
The ability to be flexible
Cons
Constance changes in responsibiities
Highly presentable and professional.
Very clean and professional Hotel (DoubleTree Hilton of Oak Brook, IL). The job was very exciting and unfortuantely due to an illness in my immediate family, I was forced to resign (of course with a 2 week notice) and come back home to North Jersey. I am acitvely seeking 40 hours and/or full-time work either with some type of management or office team, driving, or hospitality. However, I must admit that I am not shy and am a very outgoing person so would be open to learning a new trade or business. Hope to hear from you!
Pros
Dealing with customer and repeat guests, whom all of were friendly.
Cons
Having to deal with an illness of my Grandmother which forced a resign.
Poor workplace
You don't have a regular schedule which is fine and expected when it comes to working in a hotel but certain people are given certain shifts because they are friends with management. If you find out that they are hiring for a certain position and apply for it you can't move up because they didn't know you were interested. If you are not best friends with the HR manager you have lost your job. Certain employees can do things that others can't because HR likes them. Pay is poor and sometimes you don't get a lunch because it is really busy but get yelled at because it is busy. I will never work at the Oak Brook, IL location again. I have worked for Hilton before and this property left a bad taste in my mouth.
Pros
Free lunches and free parking
Cons
Horrible food for lunch, poor pay
An interesting job but you could get stuck on a role forever
Its fun to meet diverse people and culture. To create an atmosphere of home away from home for guest. There are good days and bad days on the job but you can look back at the mix and laugh about it. The management are a bit distant at times but a few make effort to see how you are carrying along. All in all an okay place.
Pros
Interesting environment, team work.
Cons
Job security, compensation, career advancement.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at DoubleTree by Hilton?
Horrible
This place is awful. They had horrible management. I went thru a new GM, Director of Operations, and Four different FD Supervisors. This is not mentioning other departments had they executives leaving as well. Management is unfair and allows for harassment on the job. Managment also talks down to their employees and does nothing for the small people. The only people they recognize are long time employees which does not give room for any new people. Im disgusted at their treatment of human beings. Hilton would be disappointed.
Pros
free lunch, paid time off
Cons
horrible management
1.6K