DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Ontario, CA

Lack of management.
They offer a good benefits but however because of the lack of management I wasn’t treated fairly and had to work hard as a slave.
The Manager was sexist Pig.

And the coworker girls(few)were awful and not nice at all.

I sometimes didn’t feel comfortable working here because of the clientele they were racist and even you tried to talk to the management they gave more priorities to the guest not to the employee.
Pros
Discount on staying
Cons
Short break
Great place to work. great staff great, benefits, great location great hours. Good hours and a lot of positions to work and free lunch and buffet for all staff
great
great place to work. offers plenty opportunity to grow and develop skills in all areas of hotel. Not just one department . Rated 1 of top 100 places to work in the world.
Typical work day
Oversee 7 outlets at one time. Breakfast/Lunch diner, steakhouse, lobby bar, coffee shop, grab n go shop, room service.
I also oversee the banquet departments and kitchens. We also had a night club in house and was in control of operations, promotions and special events.
This was one of my best/favorite jobs to date. I loved the people I worked with as well as the customers and clientele that came in from all over the world. The company provides meals while on your shift, rewards throughout the year and it is an overall family feel there. As a result all the team members work hard to provide the guest with a great experience. It’s a great place to work.
Front desk agent
Working at DoubleTree by Hilton was a great experience. I love the management and the customers I privilege to serve. There was always room for advancement.
Made alot of friends with co-workers and guests
Management needed to listen to there work more. Worked with guest on a daily basis. Helping them meet their needs to fit their stay. I had moved up from Preventative maintenance to Maintenance mechanic.
Beverage Server
I’m very disappointed with the way this Doubletree’s care and concern for their employees have gone down. I worked there 11 years and was happy for 9 of the years. New management came in and took what I once knew to be the best in hospitality to now the worst. Management does not care for their employees. Even if the customers spit in your face, they will apologize to them and not care for you. Human Resources has no care for the little guys. They will take managements word over yours.
Pros
Free food and beverages
Cons
Fun interesting fast phase type of work environment .
Even though I had to maintain my overtime on track. The ability to be able to multitask by operating different types of laundry machines such as iron, driers and washing machine was one of my favorite thing about this job position.
Pros
Lots of free parties with management.
Cons
Vacations .
Not a good place to work. Human element not valued
Overall this is a job for a very short period or a college student. No person with a family can survive with this job. Do not work here if you have children. They don't care about you. People are used and discarded. They care nothing for their workers.
Pros
None.
Cons
Too many.
Great employer
This property is managed by Hilton Worldwide which makes it way more exclusive to work for. Corporate is really big on implementing fairness to all employees.
Pros
Free lunches, travel benefits, great pay
Cons
Little room for advancement since nobody leaves
customer service
A typical day at work is greeting customers. Trying to upsell rooms for guests. Hardest part of the job was informing guest that their rooms were over booked.
Pros
discounts
Cons
schedule
ups and downs
sometimes it can be stressful but other times we'd have many breaks and wait around to start service. They do not drug test so that is always a plus in CA
Decent place to work
Decent benefits, but needs to pay midlevel management more. Long hours. Difficult guests to deal with. Over all enjoyed working at the property, other than pay.
The ability to advance in a restaurant service and gain experience with planning events. I also learned how to give great service, and work in all departments of hotel service.
Pros
Being part of the HIlton Family
Cons
Not enough full time jobs available
Very busy high volume place.
Management is very respectable. Depending on what shift you get morning or mid shift or night you responsibilities change a little. Morning you open and get things rolling for the day. Mid shift you come in and get things started for all evening events. Night shift is more about the line and closing down.
Pros
Free cafeteria and each month is dedicated to a department which each department is celebrated
Cons
sometimes being so busy makes it hard to take all breaks
Not a terrible place to work.
The property and employees are not bad and some of the guests as well that stay their are not bad. But some of the guests that come to the club/lounge Misty's feel like they are royalty or someone important and it gets to there heads and make the employees work stressful, especially if they are doing or bringing stuff in they are not allowed to.
Also from what I've seen management is not bad, but must make up their mind on something's when it comes to the club/lounge.
Pros
Great feeling of helping people and being recognized for it.
Cons
Guest who do not listen
Good Job with Good Benefits
Hilton has a wide variety of good benefits to include team member room rates. Medical/401K benefits are good. First year includes 23 days of paid time off.
Pros
Nice working environment
Cons
Live Bands can sometimes be too loud. Hard to hear customers
High volume environment
Fast paced environment with many outlets giving you plenty of opportunity for growth.

Lunch room provided with daily employee meals. Diverse workplace and easy going management.

Able to talk to any upper management with concerns and problems you may encounter.
Productive work environment
A very productive work environment. always something new to learn everyday because of the vast amount of diversity. The Head Chef always is organized and always has a plan for anything to come.
A good place to work
I was only there for a few months, but during that time i had an overall good experience there. The hours were good and the rest of the staff were all good people. I would definitely consider working there again
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Dont have any
1.6K