DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from DoubleTree by Hilton:

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Philadelphia, PA

Philadelphia, PA52 reviews
Provides opportunity, good pay for people who commit to work and take care of the guests. Excellent opportunity to work your way up no matter where you start.
As soon as I arrive to work the first thing i do is clock in .we have a general meeting in the lunchroom. Get my supplies can I need for the day and start my work. Making sure all rooms are deep clean. We clean about 16 room a day. Some days when I'm not cleaning room I'm on the floor as a supervisor checking room
Hilton itself at one point was a GREAT COMPANY to work for over the years it has gone down hill due to The Management Team that runs it The money is what has kept most of the people working
When u get hired they don't tell u it could get slow and that whomever work there the longest will get there hours which is not fair so there have not been any full time hours and that forces you to use your unemployment and be behind in ur bills I am very upset at how the mamagement is doing things I have not had full time hours since December
A great place to work. A hotel that practices diversity and is well managed. Hotel is older but well maintained. Very busy environment with lots of opportunities for employees to grow.
I highly recommend the Doubletree by Hilton as a great place to work for all of great benefits & team members. I’ve come to meet many wonderful people & developed lasting friendships & have traveled to many of Hilton’s beautiful properties.
My job title is Security Officer I and my team secure the building, we also do walk downs and making sure the necessary places are clear and secu6and also locked as required, we also view cameras, and daily logs, the hardest part of the job is dealing with the public but I've learned how to redirect them in an appropriate manner etc.
They want you to work and complete your task but don’t give you the stuff u need to complete your job and there is always setback, management has favorites not good.
need more staff pay could be higher. Managers have come and gone . property needs to be remolded from ground up. I don't think its feasible for one to go a a year without being ill.
Pros
lunch Mondays and Fridays
Cons
wait a whole year for pto
Great work enviroment, It's a family atmospher they work as a team to give a good experience at the hotel and beyond such as the shuttle to the Airport and back.
Pros
Discounted hotel rooms
Cons
healthcare
Double-Tree employees are amazing they are very welcoming and helpful. The management was very poor with instructions and discipline. They lacked respect of the employees.
General manager does not care about his employees or condition of hotel. He only cares about making profit. Hotel has a serious mold problem which the GM does not even take serious.
Pros
Free lunch twice a week
Everyone is free to do what they want to do at the airport location with no consequences. The management that they do have is horrible with fixing the issues that are brought to them. The front desk staff is never where they are supposed to be. And everyone seems to always have a bad attitude. Worst hotel I’ve ever worked in.
Double Tree, Was a great working experience but i wish they gave more hours. Better Benefits so they can make their employees feel better about working for them.
Hotel will start renovations soon. Great things to come 2020. New ownership of the hotel is fully invested in the staff. Great culture and work place.
satisfactory; there will not be specific observations or opinions about this particular hospitality management corporation, during the current working tenure
Its ok working here. The building is very old which makes it difficult on the staff when a guest experiences maintenance issues which is often. Maintenance works hard but are not allowed enough staff to properly maintain the rooms.
Double tree hotel is a good place to work and have fun best part about the job was coming to work an make the guest happy I had a great time working for this company I would recommend this job to any one that is look for a better opportunity
The workload is too much, management is very unfair and doesn't care about their workers will being. Very stressful work environment it makes it hard to have a life outside of work.
What I love about this job is that everyone was on the same page there very helpful management was awesome our guest was great never had any problems from this place
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
The money was O.k, but poor management. I enjoyed the banquet department there .I did not like how the had the kitchen set up for the food and beverage department. The up and down the stair to run the food from the kitchen to the dinning area, was horrible, Could not see the next person coming inside with the food beacause the way the door was.But, the pay was o.k, for a busser.
Pros
good pay
Cons
poor management
1.6K