DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Phoenix, AZ

Fast-Paced; Lots of Events
This was an enjoyable place to work. There were many opportunities to shine and make an impact on the staff and customers. Overall a nice place to work.
This location in Particular was clean on the outside
I would typically arrive to work during anytime of the day because my scheduled hours wasn’t consistent. I worked mostly what ever shift I was assigned. Never again will I apply somewhere like this place where I’m given undesirable hours. On a good day I enjoyed the food at the hotel. The cookies was great! However management wasn’t as good. Co-workers were racist and always in your business.
Productive and fun work place
The Doubletree is a great place to work. I love my co workers and management.We get paid time off and the company shows their appreciation towards their employees. We get discounts with the company and hotels.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no breaks
High pace workplace. Property needs word.
The company just launched back in February. The transition was difficult, but making sure everyone else was on the same page with new systems is still needing much work. Everyone is easy to work with, and empowerment to the employee is common across the property. Communication from department to department is easy, but a little strenuous when it comes to emergency response time. Working in the Customer Care department, you learn how to truly make someone happy, whether it be by passing a small gesture, or by going the extra mile. That is what true empowerment was about
Pros
Easy to work with people
Cons
Low compensation based on department and hotel type
Great co-workers
Days at work were busy with lots of multi-tasking. I learned so much on this job, the computer system, how to work with upper management, and how to develop a sense for reliable co workers.

Management was a disappointment because they did not hold their employee's to a high standard of professionalism.

However the guests at the hotel were, for the most part, a delight. I really enjoyed developing relationships with our return guests. And as you might imagine after three years I developed lots of contacts. Many people that I worked with there became friends and I looked forward to going to work daily because of these relationships.
Pros
Free lunches, great benefits
Cons
management
Airport property, older building, good staff
Good staff, owners not very involved. Airport clientsl, business travelers etc.. descent benefits. Its a place to work
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
No room for growth
Great Co-workers, low pay/advancement
Working the Front Desk with the Doubletree has been my favorite job so far soley because of how much fun my co-workers are and everyday was exciting and different. I left because there was now chance of advancement from within unless you worked there 10+ years and I was not going to work for $10.50/hr for that long when I have a BA.
(Hiltons are franchised so all workplace experiences will very based on who owns the one you work for)
Pros
Fun co-workers, Free Lunches, extremely cheap hotel rates with employee discount at all Hilton properties
Cons
No advancement, low pay
It was a great company to work for
I learned what was involved in purchasing Furniture, Fixture and Equipment for a new build and a renovation of a hotel. Negotiating and bidding product. Learning what is involved in building a new hotel or renovating one.
Pros
Empolyees were like family, I still keep in touch.
Great company to work for
Double tree is a great hotel to work for and the employees and bosses are very helpful in helping out in teaching you on doing your job currectly and efficiently.
Amazing Place to Work
I was the Administrative Assistant for the General Manager, and also for the Catering Department. My experience there couldn't have been better; management was second to none, all employees from the General Manager on down took pride in their job, making it a several time, award-winning hotel.
Loved working at the Doubletree Guest Suites...opportunity to work from home or I would still enjoy working for the property.
Great staff to work with. Hotel well maintained and won several awards from Hilton. I was proud to be part of the team.
Pros
general manager was fair and honest. enjoyed working for the property.
Cons
i wanted to work from home
1.5K