DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Pikesville, MD

At the time as a catering manager I had to clean accounting mess. Had no assitant to do basic work. No support from upper management. Work was 8:30 to 5:30, never left before 6pm. The knowable DOS was only a temporary stop gap person.
The cookies are amazing, everyone was treated as family, was celebrated and never tolerated. And, I felt that if I did not move away? My time there, would have been much longer!
Pros
Free food, Discount rooms, No drama and great management
Cons
The guest all from all different parts of the world and I get to see different Cultures in one place. Also the employees are diverse as well. All from different parts of the world.
This place is the worst to work for u get hired for one position but they train u in all positions just incase someone calls out they can use u . So a typical day u might be doing rooms or laundry or lobby you really dont know. Managers suck they do nothing but gossip and stay on there phone or walking around flirting with the houseman. Trifling but I wouldn't recommend no one to work here (pikesville area)
Wasnt worth the travel... The managers and supervisors wasnt always doing their job. When they went to sale the place they waited til the end to let everyone know what was going on. Very poor management
I always wanted to work here but when I got in the door it was a never story.. Email for detail and I can tell you all the bad and good things that happens here
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Took forever to get my pay check
Enjoyed working at the hotel friendly people and the management was helpful and understanding human resouce was too involved with the staff and no compashion the working employers
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Pay incentive
I learned to navigate the system. Manangement was poor. The hardest part of my job was getting the employees to come to work on their scheduled shifts.
Pros
free lunch
The double tree was always very clean with very pleasant workers they put out fresh cookies with chocolate chips in them and also nuts Nuts that the guest loved
Pros
Free dinner
I haven’t worked here 2 months and already had to reapply for my job again due to management change but I enjoyed everyone who worked there and the atmosphere so the changed if the new management decides to keep me will affect everything but so far it’s not bad.
Pros
Reasonable hours Free lunch free drinks employee changing area and smokers area decent pay
Cons
Management changed abruptly
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at DoubleTree by Hilton?
Had the most hostel work environment! wouldn't recommend it Kitchen was very slow. Most staff were angry and disgruntled. Didn't treat staff with respect. Food was mediocre,.Rooms were dirty, not enough equipment.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
hostel work environment
New GM has been their one year, never worked full service hotel. Changed hotel culture for the worst and disrupted flow and work conditions at the hotel.
Pros
Great employee's
Cons
New work culture not good.
Come in get paper with the rooms you have to do. Check the rooms after the housekeepers finish cleaning the rooms. Put them in the computer. Loved working for my director of housekeeping.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Human Resource Department
Pay was very low and could only make tips on the evening shift...No room for growth and advancement. This job requires you to be flex with your hours some time a 5:45 am and some times at 3:00 pm.
Pros
pool parties
Cons
low pay
The Brand is fine but the management needs some serious change the world as changed so should the old thinking mentality especially pertaining to other world culures
Pros
Cookies
Cons
Listening
The Double Tree is a great fun fast pased company that requires the best of all its employees which is typical of any company who wants success.
Double Tree a.k.a Hilton was a good job but the work was just too much for the pay. Although I am considering going back because I need a job asap, it is definitely not my first choice.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Double beds