DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Pittsburgh, PA

Management makes the workplace toxic. Lots of blame with no ownership or solution to problems. Understaffed. Lots of work, the low yearly raises barely made a difference in pay
Pros
Some set schedules
Cons
Barely room for advancement
- favoritism when it comes to schedule- if you’re not a regular employee (I was an intern), they give you an ugly schedule (based on experience)- they promote managers that doesn’t even have any idea how to operate front desk- low pay
As one of the youngest person there at the time my coworkers were very helpful in assisting and showing me how to carry out my daily task. Therefore we became a family working together to get the job done.
Pros
Flexi work time
Cons
Too many rooms given to one person at a time
I transferred from the Crown plaza hotel to the doubletree hotel. They're in transition from one management company to another at the present time. They're in the process of changing most of the present managers to fit their needs.
i had so much fun working on this hotel the people are very nice and thoughtful, they are willing to teach you whatever you need to know about the job and they will help you when the restaurant gets busy especially the managers and supervisor.
I believe it is a great place to help you grow as a team member and manager fun and reliable staff that you will enjoy working with good pay good benefits great discounts
It be great if there were different management. Even the owner seems crooked to me I can't rate all Double Tree's. At one Bigelow Square not a good place
I had been an employee at this location for 28 years with several positions. Currently unemployed due to the elimination of my position due to downsizing by the hotels management company.
supervisor was okay than we got another she was not good working was okay then it was bad couldnot weight to go home and relax then they would supervior would backstab co workers and lie to management and that was not good they would make you do things that were not on your job plan I often wondered why they would lie to protect their jobs and it was getting worse the auditor stole money
Pros
good place
Cons
not enough pay
My job was hectic, very fast paced, always working with something and you had to "get in the zone" before you walked through those doors. I learned how to work in a more professional environment and I learned great lessons on hospitality.
Working here wasn't bad. The money and benefits were good. The management were not bad, but they seemed to go through managers like candy. I think in my 2 years of being there, there were 7 managers.
Could use better management when I was there, but I am not sure how the management is now. They have fun and welcoming staff and customer happiness is there goal.
In my most recent position as an Administrative Assistant for the General Manager of the hotel, I serve as the gatekeeper, extensive travel coordinator, as well as an Accounts Payable Specialist and General Cashier. My reputation as a competent team member who always gets the job done comes from my ability to work cross-functionally and multi-task various responsibilities such as drafting company correspondence, preparing budget reports for management and organizing company meetings.
Pros
Complimentary lunch
Cons
Short breaks
The work environment was fun, yet professional. Each individual operational branch worked well individually of the others. The biggest issue is a lack of unity among all of the various branches within the property. This fundamental operational imbalance is pervasive in virtually every industry and any company I have ever worked for. Overall, this place is no worse than any other. There are some definite perks to working here and for the hospitality industry as whole.
Workplace moral is low. Employees who have been there long term do not take kind to change and run anyone good and who wants to do well and be promoted out.
Pros
clean workplace
Cons
poor benefits, poor culture, high turnover
The work environment is poor and the pay is not worth the time. I do not recommend working here unless you plan on coming to serve in the Champions Club restaurant.
The chef is one of the best chef i had ever work with, the food we did was really good, everything from the scratch, breads, sausage, desserts.....
Benefits
Cons
salary
fellow employees were nice. the management was extremely not together. GM thought he knew every aspect of the hotel and outlet when infact he did not.
Interesting place to work - Free lunches, free parking , long days expensive health benefits, typical hotel, money so so so so, no ethics enforced plus
Pros
free lunches
Cons
10 hr days
Always wanted to be t work very fun team and loved meeting people from all around the world who were traveling. Everyone was kind and worked as a team.
Pretty good place to work every job has its ups and downs it has a cafeteria for free lunch during your shift it's a pretty relaxed atmosphere the people are nice
Pros
Free lunch good benefits