DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from DoubleTree by Hilton:

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Portland, OR

Portland, OR20 reviews
great company
There is plenty of room for career advancement as well as many different ways to acquire management experience. a typical day in night audit is checking in the last few guests for the day and processing all night audit reports.
Lunch food is free and very good
The workers dont understand English and that at times is very hard and I cnt understand their talk and I hate that I never know what my be bad talk or good.
Poor culture
No value in the people that work for them, if your not white then your out of luck. Maybe in other regions this company is good, but in PDX its horrible.
Nobody cares about you.
This was one of the worst jobs. I was expected to run the show for 9 bucks an hour. The bell atendants had missing teeth. My point is they dont care about their employees. Everyone had their hands out for tips.The manager would just scream at her employees. The top hotel manager would scream too. I couldn't believe it.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Joe versus the volcanoe work environment
Good people
Loved working with the people there, never a dull moment, always something to be done. Cleaning up the shop doing spare parts inventory. Working on pm's and machine break downs.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Low wages and costly health care
double tree job
My time at the double tree by Hilton has been stressful and overly competitive. I do not feel like there is any room for advancement and I would prefer to work for a company that appreciates hard work and rewards that hard work with advancement opportunities.
Pros
free lunch, tips, meating new people from all over the world
Cons
lack of comunication between mngt. and staff, lack of suplies, bad bugeting
event bartender
I enjoy working special events and the guests that participate. It is a great amount of set up and clean up, but very enjoyable during events. sales and service always enjoyable
Pros
money
Cons
lifting
Overall it was a great experience with great people
Busy, fast paced, always something different never a dull momemt great staff and great incentives. One of tbe best companiesesto work for. Very enjoyable
Pros
Free lunches great incentives
Fabulous Brand
They are very sales oriented, extremely fast paced. Customer comes first. Very busy hotel and they are very professional.
Nice equipment and well staffed for the business climate.

They hire professionals.
Pros
Good salary and generous bonus plan and travel to hotels is discounted
Cons
Long hours and busy holidays
very fun job with great employees
I would do several different positions at this job such as banquet set up, banquet server, bar back, steward. I cant say enough about this job. Everyone was great from the management to the staff. I learned how to work in a team and developed my customer service skills here. I didn't want to leave this job but I had to because of a death in my family.
Pros
free meals, fun job, great co workers, and management
Cons
healthcare, lack of hours
Fun work environment.
I would check customers in and out and answer general customer service questions. The hardest part was dealing with angry customers but I would just calm them down and made sure every interaction was a pealsant one.
A great place to gain experience in the culinary field
The Doubletree Portland is a fantastic place to work for a young cook that needs to gain a lot of experience in a relatively quick time frame. Though the work is challenging, spanning between banquets as well as the two restaurants, one can gain a large knowledge of dishes, as well as crucial timing for things such as banquets and dish ups.

In short, this place with put any cook through the ringer, but if they are tough enough to adapt, the reward is great.
Pros
staff meal, hotel discount, full benefits after 90 days, flexible scheduling
Cons
tough to grasp at first
Portland Oregon
Followed and adhered to GAAP rules. Daily collection calls and resolving customer discrepancies and complaints. Adjusted invoices, A/R posting, balanced ledger and traced charges and charge back on a daily basis. Managed clients business relationships,. Collaborated with the sales team in bringing in new clients and developing new business opportunities. Recommend changes in the credit policy to senior management
Pros
free meals. good other benefits
Cons
Pay is poor - raises are bare minimum
free food - free bus pass
Good company to work for. No lay offs. Week ends off . `friendly staff. free food during your shift. Free any time coffee. discount on hotel rooms. Good vacations. Ok benefits
Pros
free food - no lay offs
Cons
poor pay
free lunches free parking
good managers in my department. Goodt training, free company breakfast and lunch and free any amount of drinks. if working OT free dinner as well. friendly staff
Pros
free meals and free parking
Cons
work on saturdays
Excellent Place to work for!
I love this job but due to other priorites in life I had lost my position and generally moved on communication was highly important management was enjoyable as well as co-workers who made everything fun.. the hardest part at the time was multi-tasking in many different departments at the same time most enjoyable were getting tips and other compensation benefits of doing a swell job. This employer also gave advancements as well as in knowledge about the classy life and how important it was to give guest satisfaction to everyone
no longer in business
This company is no longer in business and hasn't been for several years.
Productive and a fun workplace
Though we have busy days, I still learn new things everyday I come to work.
The atmosphere is one of pride and professionalism. No small jobs.
I absolutely loved working for Doubletree. I can't recall them ever running out of anything but tea. The linen closets were always stocked to the rafters. The water glasses for the rooms were always spotless and brought to our carts by the housemen.
There was a free employee cafeteria, large service elevators, and often free cookies left in the check-out rooms.

The hotel caters mostly to business men. So the rooms are small, neat and easy to clean.
Pros
plenty of supplies and everyone is friendly.
Cons
the location wasn't good for keeping the hotel busy.
cleaning rooms vacuum
double tree is a god place to work the employers are nice to people
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
1.6K