DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from DoubleTree by Hilton:

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Racine, WI

Racine, WI5 reviews
At my personal hotel, the managers are great but the general manager does not pay her employees a livable wage. Most people need to find a second job just so they can pay their bills. In some breath, the jobs are pretty laid back.
High stress just comes from guests that may be demanding & other people/guests trying to sneak in pool parties.

The health benefits are only for full time employees and can be a bit pricey if you have a pre-existing condition. You do get hotel discounts if you are full or part-time.

This is owned by a third party called Graves Hospitality but still under the Hilton franchise.
Pros
discounted hotel rooms for stays at other Hilton brand hotels
Cons
No room for growth
Management is terrible! They don't care about employees whatsoever! The managers are almost impossible to get a hold of in an emergency and they even put their phone on dnd & when you do get a hold of them they can't ever help or its always out of their hands! When it comes to safety for the employees forget it! I am not the only one but only speaking for myself. I had a guest throw throw money at me and then proceeds to threaten me and when asked to not do it again, he complained to management and wanted a written apologie. After refusing to do so my general manager had the front desk manager type one up anyways and put my full name on it and gave it to the guest as if it was from me when clearly I did not approve of it nor want to apologize for taking that disrespect! If you try to go to the general manager about anything because you feel unsafe or its a toxic work environment. Its completely ignored and brushed off and same thing with fd manager because they don't like confrontation or constructive criticism so its really difficult trying to work in such a toxic place in general. They keep sweeping things under the rug and letting the guest do and say basically whatever they want even when you tell them you don't feel safe!!! Literally two new hires noticed the toxic environment immediately and one quit after their first day and the other one is still there hoping to be able to change it for the better but noticed its almost impossible as seeing they are very discriminating as well!!!! If you want to apply here just be sure to have a lot of patience and good luck .
Pros
The discounts on rooms
Cons
Employees have to pay for parking and they currently stopped doing raises as well.
Working for Hilton is rated the number one company to work for. I highly recommend the brand with it's luxurious names and highly skilled employees in all areas.
Guest runs in the morning. General cleaning of the hotel restrooms, lobby, hallways, ect. Keep the coffee filled. Front desk staff is nice and so are the housekeepers. Hardest part of the job was probably shoveling the sidewalks in the winter. The most enjoyable part of the job is the coworkers and the guests.
Pros
discount at Hilton properties and at the restaurant that is attached
Cons
low pay of the type of job and various duties it included
Working at Double Tree was a wonderful experience. My supervisor was very patient and encouraging. The work was fast paced and I needed good customer service skills. Everyone was friendly and helpful.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at DoubleTree by Hilton?