DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from DoubleTree by Hilton:

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Rochester, NY

Rochester, NY17 reviews
Again ! unsatisfied with rate and hours .. I needed a a full time job .. I had to leave for a better future... If i get a better salary and more hours will surely go back
Loved working here. Not much to complain about except for house keeping. Love the benefits they offer and of course the flexible time schedule to go part time or full time dependent upon you.
Pros
Employee discounted rates
Cons
Hockey weekends
Good place to work. Each shift includes a meal and the meal is almost always "excellent" or at least "very good" (i.e., cooked in our kitchen by experienced chefs/cooks).

The nature of the job is that only teamwork will work, so the better you are at teamwork, the easier your job actually becomes.

If you have short-notice commitments (MD appointments, car-repair appointments), Management will always work with you in scheduling around those needs.
Hilton is a nice brand but the management company that runs the DoubleTree Rochester is not a hospitality company and have no connection to the hotel. Upper management is filled with inexperienced, innappropriate, harrasing individuals. The HR manager and GM are very petty and inexperienced, getting by on their lies and the good work of past employees. This hotel is not the place you want to work.
Pros
Hilton Brand, Guest
Cons
Harrasing and hostile environment
The HR manager was manipulative and rude. The General Manager was incompetent. The priorities of the property were to be best friends (coffee buddies), instead of holding people responsible for poor behavior/ customer service/ attitude. One of the most poorly run hotels I've had the displeasure of working at. The housekeeping manager doesn't know how to manage, she is incredibly rude. Not only does she not manage her staff sufficiently, she takes absolutely no responsibility for her departments short comings. The pay is a joke as well, considering you have to take care of every other department too. Good luck.
Pros
The guests
Cons
Management, pay, attitudes, no ownership, incompetence
The gusts and coworkers are amazing and like a second family. Management, however, is awful. There is rarely a manager or supervisor on duty, work problems are never taken care of, and management is extremely unprofessional.
Although this job has had its ups and downs I appreciate all of the skills i have acquired and also the amount of amazing people I was able to connect with.
I loved my position at The Double Tree by Hilton. I have held numerous jobs with Hilton and find that hotel chain to be rewarding. My staff and co workers, as well as events held made coming to work fun and challenging. I loved that fact of events being busy, challenging and fun.
I spent 7 years at doubletree and I got stuck in a position where I couldn't advance anymore. The management positions lay dormat and had to leave to advance my career
Pros
free meals
Cons
lack of growth
Fast paced work environment when the occupancy calls for it.There is really nothing more I can say to describe my position. When occupancy is low hours are less available. Hours are based on need, which is based on occupancy.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
more Part time than Full time
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at DoubleTree by Hilton?
doubletree is a great hotel, but lack well management when it comes to employees needs, communication and working as a team. many opportunities mention but never make it threw.
Pros
lunch is provited
Cons
no medical, no hours, underpaied
This is a position that is extremely fun even while working and long days. During wedding and Christmas seasons, the volume of parties will triple in numbers. You would more that likely find yourself working 14 to 16 hr. days. commitment and professional drive are characteristics you must possess to be successful in a position as this.
Pros
Three provided meals available for staff, incredible room discounts, great morale
Cons
short breaks, long shifts, rarely have weekends free
248 room renovated property; guest rooms renovated in 2015 public space finished May 2017. Great location, very sports friendly. The culinary team is superior.
staff was very nice. Busy place to work. Very professional company
nice place to work, great staff and customer base. New management changes have affected the overall culture of the hotel.
• Great work experience.
• Friendly and attentive staff.

• Business/corporate guests.

• Sports teams (Hockey).

• Wedding groups.

• Leisure and family weekend getaway.
Friendly environment, great learning experience, good management
Pros
flexablity
Cons
no room for advancement
1.6K