DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Salt Lake City, UT

Found 13 reviews matching the search See all 4,107 reviews
Stressful job
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT19 April 2019
Great people to work with. Too much stress without the option of having some day shifts in order to have a life in the evening once and a while.

Lots to learn and remember!
Pros
Discount hotel stays in other hotels
Cons
Stress, fast paced
A lot of good people work at the DoubleTree but there's a lot of other people that work here as well
Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City Utah23 January 2018
I would not recommend this place due to the fact of the rate of pay increase the work environment of times they continue to keep people that are not qualified or not able to do their job in their position knowing they are not qualified
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Rate of pay
Fun work enviroment
Line cook/prep cook/supervisor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT29 December 2017
Working at Doubletree by hilton was a fun experience. The coworkers were one of a kind. when someone needed help, there was a helping hand within minutes. I would highly suggest this job to anyone who can handle a fast paced work envirornment.
Pros
coworkers, work challenges, and customers.
Cons
N/a
Great work life balance
NIGHT AUDITOR/GUEST SERVICE AGENT (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT4 June 2017
Great work life balance. Management is great, they really care about their team.
Care rally's every month where they celebrate the employees in the hotel.
Good work place
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT30 September 2016
I enjoy working with doubletree suites, I believe the management company has made many changes that have affected the staff. It feels as is there no management support from other departments.
co-workers are great, but no discipline is enforced. People do what they want, if you are part time also, no benefits, no holiday pay, no PTO no matter how many years you work here. Many management companies have similar standards.
Welcoming and Independent workplace
Barista (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, Utah5 September 2015
Every shift I was either responsible for opening or closing the shop by myself. The shop opened at 5:30 am so I had to make sure I was punctual and dependable since I was the only one there to open it up and no management was there in the morning. All the co-workers were helpful and friendly. The management was professional and accommodating with guests and employees alike.
get plenty of hours
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT2 September 2015
Good staff friendly associates. The franchise is not afraid to put money into kitchen so we are able to do our jobs effectively. For the age of the hotel it does not show.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
don't like menu, old school, to many items to prep for the staff on hand. should let in house chef write the menu.
Love my team, benefits are great but job security is not there.
Food & Beverage Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT14 November 2014
I have truly enjoyed learning and my time with this employer but not feeling too secure with hours being cut as a Supervisor.
Long hours and additional work load
Controller (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT17 July 2014
work hours are between 12-14 hours a day plus weekend
I enjoy my staff. The professionalism is a bit lax for this working environment when it comes to coaching and counseling. I learned that it is time for me to expand my resume outside of the hospitality industry.
Pros
accrued PTO/vacation, employee rallies
Cons
no lunch breaks, long hours, a lot of weekend work
i love that job
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  salt lake city utah4 October 2013
a typical day will be everything goes in place
i learn how to do the schedules labor coworkers we got a good relations the hardest day of this job we have a two or three dinners at the same time
the most i like about this job was when everything went perfect
People people and more people I loved it.
PBX Operator/ Waitress (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT18 January 2013
Satisfying to make other people comfortable. Sometimes as a hostess in the night club I could not make everyone happy as the fact that I took carding customers to heart and would not let even a steady customer in if they brought someone with them that did not have an ID, this is a firm no for me. So no I did not always make people happy but The Club was safe from loosing its license with me at the door. There were no people that I worked with that I ever had problems with such a warm and friendly work place.
Pros
dinners provided in the break room, comfotable work environment
Cons
that i ended up moving.
Don't a good place to work
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT28 December 2012
Not a good place to work bad managment bad work place. happy to be leaving