DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from DoubleTree by Hilton:

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in San Antonio, TX

San Antonio, TX25 reviews
Enjoyed working at this hotel, which was always busy! Great location- great venue for social events.
Friendly staff, delicious cookies given to guests at check in. Lobby/public space was renovated and so were sleeping rooms.
Pros
Free lunch, free parking
Cons
Older hotel but it does have charm!
Hard work does not always pay off. I was with this company for a little over a year I was very dedicated and I loved working there. The staff seemed friendly including management, but soon after a year finding out that it was all a lie. Shortly after getting a new GM and front desk manager who would brag about firing people from her last job. I would not recommend working here unless you do not mind the favoritism over certain employees and poor management skills
HOURS ARE TERRIBLE BUT CONSIDER YOU FULL TIME WITH ONLY 32 HOURS A WEEK, the "Chefs" are a joke. I couldnt get out of there fast enough. The only positive would be the free food. But theyre even very strict on what we can eat ex. Tenders or burger
Cons
I just checked people in and checked people out.
I had fun when I worked there.

I met many different people when I worked there.

We had many different groups that checked in.

Sometimes communication was not always good but everyone did act as a team.
Pros
good food
Cons
sometimes no meals
Semi full service hotel will give the newcomer good experience dealing with all departments. Great benefits for employees and near the airport and the mall.
Terrible work environment created by General Manager. You are Micro Managed to the extreme. GM holds grudges and creates a hostile work environment. Many Managers came and went within my 2 years.
The hotel is very old and needs to be renovated. The management company pours all of their money into their other hotel, the Emily Morgan nothing into this hotel. The GM has micro managed the most of managers until they quit. Lots of turn over here
Pros
location
Cons
Gm, Management Company
an amazing place to work if you like to constantly meet new people and their culture. management were very friendly and helpful with not only with their employees but with the guest.
love the tenacity an work ethic of co workers, service is the best here, have to be assertive with management no benefits for partime pay can live off of. can be highly stressful if not used to it. can be a fun partime job but demanding hours if full time. snappy coworkers under high volume stress . free snacks .
Pros
free meal if u are in the break room at certain times %50discount on meals
Cons
short staffed
In starting, I had experienced three kitchen inspections in my first three weeks of employment ranging from the Bexar County Health Department as well as quality control teams from the corporate headquarters.
I inherited a filthy kitchen and had to work very hard to bring the cleanliness and sanitation up to company standards.

It was hard work but I managed to get great scores per the inspections.
Pros
Nice, professional people to work with.
Cons
Lack of enough staff.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at DoubleTree by Hilton?
Not the best pay resulting in high turn-over. Nice hotel . Nice people. They offer a 401 K which is matched up to 4% by corporate. The employee referral program pay out is pretty generous.
Pros
free lunch
extremely poor management .
free lunch and dinner but the food is yuck!

Employee parking available on top floor

scheduling is all over the place and they dont care about pyur stuff or requests.
Pros
not much
Cons
lots
Its a very easy job . All i do is did the bed clean up the restroom very will. They leave tips when you clean the room very good.
I had lost my job do to a non stable babysitter
Typical days involve meeting with many guest vert high volume of calls, and questions.
Learned the OnQ computer network

General Management changed frequently.
friendly staff and management. great HR department, great benefits, free parking and meals, room discount, holiday family luncheon
great team work with all employees and managers.

great guest services
Different customer every day to be able to attend. Great benefits. Always other departments to be able to work when your department was slow. Great management. The hardest part of the job is you do have to stand for over 8 hours a day.
Pros
Free employee lunch
Cons
Must work holidays.
Job Responsibility include: Greet guests and complete the registration process to include, inputting and retrieving information from the computer, confirmation of guest information promoting marketing programs, providing a welcome packet and ensuring guest knows location of room.
Assist guests with check-out including, but not limited to, ensuring rooms and services are correctly accounted, using the point-of-sale system, handling money, processing credit and debit cards, accepting and recording various forms of payment, converting foreign currency, making change and processing gift certificates and cards.

Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of hotel information including, room categories, room rates, packages, promotions, the local area and other general product knowledge and answer guest questions and inquiries.

Respond to guest inquiries and requests and resolve issues in a timely, friendly and professional manner Field guest complaints, conduct research and resolve and negotiate solutions for guest satisfaction, Receive, input, retrieve and relay messages to guests.
Pros
Exellent frendly staff, Free Lunches
Cons
Management staff changes often
generating Catering revenue by creating contracts, detailing the event and billing. Then asking for repeat business.
Detailing all Group Sales events. Billing and Followup.

Oversee the Banquet staff and communicating with all departments about every group.

Relying on others to understand the overall picture. b
Beautiful atrium in the swimming pool area, ideal location for tourist . Set up assignment boards for room attendants, communicate with Front Office Manager re: feedback from guests through the GSS scores. Worked side by side with all associates to ensure consistency.
Pros
Free lunch for associates
Cons
Company worked with a Temp Service Co.
We serve all and any guests to meet their needs. I make sure I'm able to execute what is needed to assure excellent customer service. A typical day is less than typical, I can be utilized wherever I'm needed. That means setting up for banquets; serving, helping a manager with what a customers requests are. My coworkers are fun to work with cause we all band together to get the job done. I have not experienced anything classifying my job to be hard, when applying a plan and effort it is anything but difficult.
Pros
insurance, flexible hours
Cons
would appreciate more hours
overnight security, also transport guests to and from hotel, airport, etc. maintained balance on property. Management and staff easy going.
Pros
easy work
Cons
overnight hours
1.6K