DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in San Antonio, TX

The loyal long term employees were very helpful. The building is old but has a charm . I miss working there but had to resign for more important obligations.
Pros
free lunches & parking
Cons
Gossip
Beautiful atrium in the swimming pool area, ideal location for tourist . Set up assignment boards for room attendants, communicate with Front Office Manager re: feedback from guests through the GSS scores. Worked side by side with all associates to ensure consistency.
Pros
Free lunch for associates
Cons
Company worked with a Temp Service Co.
We serve all and any guests to meet their needs. I make sure I'm able to execute what is needed to assure excellent customer service. A typical day is less than typical, I can be utilized wherever I'm needed. That means setting up for banquets; serving, helping a manager with what a customers requests are. My coworkers are fun to work with cause we all band together to get the job done. I have not experienced anything classifying my job to be hard, when applying a plan and effort it is anything but difficult.
Pros
insurance, flexible hours
Cons
would appreciate more hours
overnight security, also transport guests to and from hotel, airport, etc. maintained balance on property. Management and staff easy going.
Pros
easy work
Cons
overnight hours
all the staff was helpful with each other I was at this hotel for about 3 yrs. and because everyone was very courteous to each other, I learned many high volume skills like not to panic during a rush especially when no mistakes can be made because of the attendance of the hotel. Many guest would show up to eat because of the good food. I enjoyed working here most of all because of the monthly prizes for a job well done.
Pros
own leader free lunch great pay
Cons
not any
My typical work day depends on the shift your working. Generally you check in/out guests. Collect method of payments, issue keys, handle any concerns , amenities the guest need.
Pros
overtime, benefits
Cons
Delayed rooms
More work then pay, daily complaints from guests on a/c's, bugs, housekeeping
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
pay not worth the work
Is basically time to move on, I got married recently and ready to move to betters. Thank you.
Pros
the friendships
Cons
not enough team work there. with some pros for others and not even terms even now.