DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in San Diego, CA

Found 29 reviews matching the search See all 4,207 reviews
My second home
Front Office Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA25 November 2015
My favorite shift has always been morning but for personal reasons had to move to evenings. Management have always been really flexible and understanding. I come in do my check list check guest in follow up with my co-workers and instruct them on what I see they need to work on. Working at the hospitality industry gives you a great satisfaction after seeing so many happy guest leave the front desk. Unfortunately we cannot make everyone happy and we get yelled at and sometimes even cursed at.
Nice place to work, very cooperative General Manager
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  San Diego24 September 2015
In a typical day I am resolving, or coaching other managers in how to resolve or approach personnel issues, there is a huge amount of files and paper work to follow up daily, also I will follow up with personnel PTO and submit request to payroll. The hardest part of my job is that there is no budget for incentives, employee recognition or training; as well salaries are not competitive making difficult to stay in the company and provide for my self a good quality life. Co-workers are cooperative and they usually follow up with my instructions given. What enjoy most is my relationship with my General Manager, she is really cooperative and supportive.
Pros
Free meal, parking, life insurance, dry cleaning, hotel discounts, walking distance from home
Cons
Low salaries, no career advancement, no budget for incentives or recognitions
Everyday was great
Front Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA18 September 2015
I worked hard to become the group rooms coordinator and the front office supervisor. Making a guest or groups experience the best they had is what I prided myself with.
Pros
Meeting new contacts all the time
Cons
Solid company on the hospitality side
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA19 January 2015
Great place to be hired into fresh out of high school or college. They take care of their employees through teaching classes on customer service. Golf course here is a little over the top and doesn't raw to much clientele
Good company to work
SALES COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA1 June 2014
Hotel was just taken over by EVOLUTION. They completely have changed everything. Hotel will be going through a renovation starting in September. Co-workers are amazing. They are what makes the hotel worth working for.
Fun work place, amazing co workers
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA22 June 2013
I really do like the management company I am working for at the moment. I really feel that they do not take care of their employees at all and we are all extremely under paid and unappreciated for all that we do and especially that we work at a Hilton Resort in San Diego CA.
Pros
...great co workers
Cons
healthcare, have to pay for meals, understaffed
Amazing place to work
Night Auditor/Accountant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA25 March 2013
Ensure guests have a smooth, productive stay that meets their personal and business needs. Organize, confirm, process, and conduct all guest check-ins/check-outs, room reservations, requests, changes, and cancellations.
Management staff territorial and not much teamwork
Sales and Meeting Management (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA6 August 2012
Work loads terrible with llittle support from management
Different departments defensive and territorial with constant gossiping and not sowing good teamwork.

Issues ignored and line staff treated poorly.

Most managers very controlling and putting one front with people and gossiping and complaining behind backs. Confidential information shared inappropriately.
Pros
support and line staff want to do great job and stay positive