DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Savannah, GA

It was typical work. Management was horrible and constantly changing. Many promised promotions that never came to just about everyone. Owners refuse to make actual upgrades to the rooms.
I valet parked vehicles for customers staying at the hotel and I enjoyed the interaction with them. It was always interesting, meeting all types of people.
Check guest in/out. Balance and close out all venues and outlets on property. Send charges via electronic data interchange. Prepare guest summaries.
Highly recommended if your passion is working in the food industry. A very productive and fun workplace to work where you can advance! A new beginning
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Looking for a family oriented place to work? Well the doubletree is it! There you will find consistent friendly faces in all and every department you come in contact with. They are hands down what you call Team!
It's an absolute pleasure to work for Doubletree By Hilton. The staff and management are delights. All management in every department have a open door policy.
When I left I think it had the potential to grow into something great but management was always changing. With that rules and expectations were changing too. It became too confusing and hectic so when another opportunity presented itself I jumped at it.
Pros
Kind Staff
Cons
No Benefits
Management needs improvement everyone needs to be on one accord when it comes to following policies and procedures. need to screen candidates for proper job placement. don't hire anybody for the position.
Pros
I like getting discounts
Cons
didnt like disfunctional management
The day always started with a team meeting. It inspired the staff for the work day. Great team work, we work together to get the job done. Great place to work as long as they are fully staffed.
Pros
Great Tips
Cons
Heavy Lifting
Management here is great. They all work as a team. If you are looking for a great place to work, you should check out the Doubletree Savannah Airport.
double it is a awesome motel. I learned how to make a bed look nice. I really didn't talk to my co-workers. my typical day at work is cleaning rooms and making sure the guest has everything they want
Very fun place to work. You drive all kind of nice cars, and you meet the most lovely tourists! The tips everyday were aplus. You have great convos with the guests and you learn alot about them. A great place to network.
I enjoyed my job as a valet attendant at the double tree in Savannah. work/life balance was pretty good and they will alter to your schedule for school purposes without hesitation.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
Pay could be better
Very exciting and thrilling place to work. Started off setting up for pour hour. During pour hour you make first impressions on many of the guest which draws them into the restaurant. During dinner we could get a rush which is fun because it keeps you busy and you have an opportunity to make your money. We then close by cleaning, counting up money and restocking for next shift. The hardest part of the job for me was nothing, the job was not very hard. The most enjoyable part was meeting new people from around the world.
Pros
Free lunch, Discounted hotel rooms, great staff
To give the guest a stay to remember. To also ensure everyone has gotten everything the need in restaurant area. Reset all coffee stations in hotel. Working in fast paced environment.
• Providing excellent hospitality at check in • Working closely with each department necessary to ensure requests are followed through and all changes are being effectively communicated • Correcting account and billing issues • Being able to assist in any way possible to ensure guest satisfaction • Stay current and knowledgeable in all promotions within hilton and the hotel to better serve guests
Pros
I love being able to engage and meet a variety of people.
Cons
Being able to leave from the front desk and learn more departments
Through working with the Hilton company in the past few years I've learned to step outside of my comfort zone and job description to ensure guest satisfaction. I have also learned to be my own manager, empowering me to make tough decisions and maintain the integrity of the company. The job has gave way to interacting with different people from different cultures, allowing me to broaden my mind in customer relations. Being in the hospitality business you have to learn and know how to work in a team, making communication vital for the overall success of not only the guests but of the employees there as well. For anyone who cannot think outside the box or wear their heart on their sleeves this can present difficulties working at the front desk. I enjoy the networking you are exposed to by meeting people from all different backgrounds.
Managed the front office employees and their daily task. Headed customer care committee and ensured guest were provided with excellent service. Hired, trained, and schedule front office staff. Handled guest concerns, complaints, and any inquiries. Managed rates for the local property and online sites. I loved being the go to contact for the guest and for my employees. I was present at the property about 50 hours a week.
Pros
great pay and family environment
Cons
long hours and demanding quotas
I ran a hotel on my own every night which was great. I diligently checked and closed the accounts while providing exemplary customer service. The only other staff I really had to work with however were my valet guys so I was mostly alone.Through this job I learned a lot about customer service, reports filing and data entry. I loved the people that worked there and had a terrific manager.Eventually it came time for me to move elsewhere as there were few opportunities for me to grow in the company and growth is something I really seek.