DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Schaumburg, IL

The Hilton line of hotels is a good place to work. They are dedicated to providing an excellent experience for all their guests. As such, they intensely train their employees in an ongoing manor, seeking to improve guest satisfaction and comfort. They give you all the training you need to succeed. Also as an excellent benefit, you can travel and stay at greatly reduced rates. Although this hotel was only a Hilton for the last 2 1/2 years I worked there, it was a Wyndham before that. So i worked for the same hotel from 1996-2010. When the hotel was bought out by Hilton, and flown under the Doubletree banner, we all learned the new platform and remained with the hotel. We had an excellent crew for years.
Pros
Often get free restaurant invitations to try their food, so hopefully you will recommend them.
Cons
If you are a night worker, difficult to get coverage to take time off.I often had to cancel plans.
The work that I did was very rewarding, especially after an event was over and the contact left happy. The culture was great and management really cared how everything was going. I always knew if I needed assistance, someone would be there for me. I got laid off due to covid, but I would still be there today! A great and fun enviornment to be in.
Loved the hotel business. Always enjoyed the people I worked with. Every day was a different task. Loved the excitement and constant challenges. My GM was terrific as well as the Sales Departnent.
I really didn't like working here it was very stressful, sometimes had to others jobs, low pay rate for what you had to do! as well as terrible management, they didn't even give me the full 2 week notice they made me not come in the second week!
Pros
free food
Cons
stressful, dirty, low pay rate
You see all walks of life come in the hotel. You'll need patience and kindness as it's a customer service based environment. Management is there for you when you need them, they're flexible with time off requests as long as it's done a few weeks ahead of your requested time off.
fun place to work, love to interact with the guest, always stay busy with next days work, team is fantastic, we always have a good shift, housekeeping is great, short staffed hurts the scores of the hotel
Enjoyed dealing with different guest daily from the East to West Coast . Also enjoyed my regular guests daily . I was empowered in my position to satisfy all guest in any way possible - our slogan was "never say no " - I enjoy meeting new people , I am very outgoing and personable . I am a hard worker and enjoy what I do . And always willing to go the extra mile and learn different departments / activities if need be .
Pros
Discounts on multiple hotel listings in the country
Taught me administrative work in an entry level setting and prepared me for multiple lines of work helping me to be a well rounded and multi trained company assett.