DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from DoubleTree by Hilton:

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Schenectady, NY

Schenectady, NY6 reviews
I worked here alongside going to college full time. It was nice to be able to study on the computer in my downtime in between taking care of guests requests.
my overall experience working for the Double-Tree by Hilton was fantastic. My team was well organized and ran smoothly. A typical day at work depending what shift i ran could have been real busy accommodating guest to relaxing running night audit reports but still very productive. i along with my co-workers keep notes through out the day to keep each other aware of daily activity. the hardest part of the job was a dissatisfy guest, which made it the most enjoyable to satisfy their every need.
Pros
Hilton Family discounts
Cons
sometime wasnt able to take a break due to high volume
This hotel just got built 7 months ago and is doing pretty good. The rooms are always booked we are usually sold out at least 5 times a week. I work in the restaurant and unfortunately it isn't busy at all. the location of the hotel is a very good location. The double tree located in downtown Schenectady where there is always something to do which impacts our restaurant negatively. The management that Iv'e met so far seem nice as well.
Pros
good discount
Cons
Take 30 mins out check even if i don't take a break, always short staffed
I got to work at 5am and left between 12 and 1 pm, I was the Morning supervisor and learned a lot about catering and banquets.
Hardest part of the job was trying to get everyone to do what they were supposed to do at 5 am with no big managers present.
Pros
got to eat breakfast before I left
Cons
no breaks, because I was the only supervisor
The management of this company is not organized at all. They play favorites and will take their word no matter what the actual situation is. They are quick to fire very hard workers. But love to keep people that have stolen from the company. Everything a company should do, this company does the opposite.
Pros
Most of the employees are amazing people
Cons
Intense work place politics and bullying
- Greet and register incoming guests.
- Process guest folios and collect payment.

- Administer and manage cash handling responsibilities.

- Handle guest requests and concerns promptly and with courtesy.

- Assist guests with any inquiries regarding local entertainment, restaurants or transportation.

- Maintain efficient and effective flow of information with guests and all internal departments.

- Handle additional duties as needed by guests or management.

-Handle phone inquiries