DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Seattle, WA

Found 21 reviews matching the search See all 4,132 reviews
Fast paced environment where you meet a lot of people
Guest Service Agent, Information Technology Technician (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA7 October 2019
At times it can be very busy at the Doubletree, but it makes the day go by fast. You will meet a lot of people from all over the world, most of whom are nice. But you do get entitled rude guests at times.
Great place to advance.
Guest Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA26 March 2019
The employee benefits I received were health/dental care, paid time off after a year of work, Hilton employee travel program with discounted rooms, as well as lunch.

Make sure to talk to management/ Human Resources if you need time off. You can take time off during the slow season if you need time to rest. Northwest by Southern has a program for people with mental illness that I wish I had taken part in but I worked the busy season mostly while here. Supervisors aren’t unionized which I actually liked. Make sure to review your pay stubs and keep track of the hours you worked. Also, be on time!!!!!
Pros
Advancement opportunities, free lunch, friendly coworkers
Cons
Employees felt they had to work through their breaks because of lack of relief
Director of Outlet Operations (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA15 December 2018
Doubletree is a great hotel to work. Has a great management team who is always available to help the team to take care of the guests. Great location.
Summer Intern
Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA3 October 2018
I had an amazing experience interning with the DoubleTree! I definitely recommend any of Hilton's internship programs to any college sophomores or juniors. They offer a competitive pay and you get tons if hands on experience.
Great Hotel company to be employee/family off
Director (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA21 February 2018
I couldn't say enough about this companies.

- Comfortable working environment
- Great Management
- Great benefits
- Provide enough rooms to express your skills, also provide enough trainings
- Rooms for you to learn and grow.
Have a lot of free time to do nothing
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA6 December 2017
Id stay there as a guest but would not work there. The customer service isn't as awesome but it's good enough. The management there is very horrible. The workers gossip so much.
Upscale hotel in Pioneer Square
Guest Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA24 October 2017
The Arctic Club was a gentleman's club dating back to 1917. The building, being 100 years old, has a lot of character and charm that most hotels in the Seattle area do not have.

With 120 rooms and a gorgeous event space, it is the ideal location for those seeking a career in hospitality.
Pros
Free meal, paid insurance, team member travel rates
Cons
No 401k, non-competitive wages
Good pay
Barista and Trainer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA10 October 2017
Managers always accommodated every employees schedule and requested time off. Shift were never over 8 hours unless requested for over time. Lunches and breakfast free everyday as well with beverages. Good pay
Juno Restaurant Lead Bartender (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA3 October 2017
Poor managements never was around during Happy Hour or other events. Fun workplace, was able to build clientele at the court house and Columbia Tower. Great guest at the hotel. I like it cause you start out really medium paste then Happy Hour and after fine dining for the restaurant.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no breaks
Don't work here
Senior Engineer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA24 June 2017
At this place it's all about the management. Very poor pay. Your management gets all the perks all the benefits and takes all the credit for everything you do. You will be the fall guy if anything goes wrong. This place needs a lot better management other than that great staff.
Pros
Employees are fun to work with fun environment.
Cons
Management here is horrible
Great team members but lacking in management relations
Maintence Technician (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA18 April 2017
I worked very hard to prove myself to the hotel's management but in the end just found I wasn't well received for an unknown reason. It was a good experience overall though and I learned alot.
Pros
Great staff and good benefits
Cons
Tough relations with hotel management
Fast paced hotel with numerous traning opportunities
Night Audit/Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA14 February 2017
Working at Doubletree Hotel and Suites I was able to work along-side diverse and enthusiastic individuals who were eager to learn, just like myself.
Its a job
Banquet Waiter / Bartender (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA9 November 2016
Its just a hotel job nothing special from 1 to 10 give it a 6.
Banquets and banquet bars depends what the customs is to make cash or not.
On call basis and holiday help.
Cultural Environment and great people
Night Manager & Auditor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA29 June 2016
Night Auditor and Manager on Duty made nights very busy. Especially for when there were sports games being played in town and/or when there was an event going on in the hotel. Ensuring that the guest satisfaction remained high the staff and I would give exceptional customer service.

The management was good in the ways that if you are willing to learn then they are willing to get you trained those departments.

The hardest part of working overnight was keeping the homeless people out of the hotel and the drunk people at a normal inside volume. We have a pool table that they could play and sometimes after a Seahawks game people would play pool and get really loud, disturbing fellow guests in the lounge area.
Pros
co-workers, free breakfast, learning other departments, management
Cons
pay and day time parking fees.
ExGreat company with Union benefitsample: Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
Night Manager & Auditor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA29 June 2016
As the Night Auditor and responsibilities as an Over Night Manager things at the hotel were sometimes quiet. When there was any type of game in town (Seahawks, Sounders, & Mariners) or if there was a wedding in the hotel then things would get very interesting for my Security Officer and myself. I was in charge of making sure that guest satisfaction was satisfactory for the guests while maintaining the confidentiality of each of the hotel guests. Then at midnight when activity in the hotel lessened, that is when the night audit would start and the end of day transactions would be completed for the day.

The employees that I would have the pleasure of interacting with were professional, welcoming, and hard working. I could not have asked for a better group of people to have the pleasure of working with. If it hadn't been for the move back to Florida I would still be there today.

The hardest part of my job was ensuring that homeless people didn't try and sneak into the hotel to either try and steal hotel property or to try and hide in the back halls. Since there were more doors leading into the hotel than there were employees working overnight, the video surveillance helped the Security Officer and I work together to keep the hotel property and the guests safe.
Pros
Free breakfast, hours worked, experiences, night auditing, my colleagues
Cons
The Union caused a small divide between the hourly employees and management, pay was okay but it should of been a little bit better, official title was only a piece of what was actually done for my position.
Awful Environment with no Communication or Team
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA5 September 2015
This hotel offers great benefits but does not staff properly for it's large capacity. This in turn causes a lot of stress for your base level employees, and management in no way cares to help. They have zero sense of loyalty and totally throw Hilton's "team" and "family" values all out the window.
Pros
Lunch provided, Union takes good care of you.
Hotel restaurant
Server/Cocktail Server (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA4 July 2015
with emphasis on guest services, food, wine and beverage knowledge, P.O.S systems, and cash handling. I am an excellent team player and work exceptionally well with leadership. I have an excellent customer following and I can always be counted on to work overtime in order to meet business needs. Also while I was with the Double Tree Hotel in Seattle I consistently received the “Catch Me at My Best” recognition cards which were based on customer engagement.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short hours
Doubletree Seattle Airport (GSA 2 years+)
Guest Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA10 November 2014
There are 850 rooms, one high rise connected to the main entrance, a night club on saturday and sundays on the top floor, and 6 exterior wings that have guestrooms as well. People don't like that they charge so much for parking, even as a hotel guest it is (21.00 for over night and 26.00 for valet). The exterior wings are far and people don't like to walk to them late at night. They get a lot of distressed airline passengers being so close to the airport.

They schedule by seniority so if you are new, you get the worst schedule i.e 3-11pm, 4-12am, 5-1am, so the turnover rate is high because nobody likes those shifts... and they don't start out at $15 like the rest of seatac, they make about 12-14.50 at most. Also it is a union hotel so they take $40 a month, and an extra $45 if you add medical.

That hardest part of the job is getting bitched at and compensating for things that are out of your control, such as... inflated room rates, bellman not being available, and high price for parking.
Pros
they provide and almost edible lunch
Cons
during slow season sept-apr it is possible to have no hours
Fun Place To Work
Host & Barista (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA12 August 2013
Gain knowledge of the hotel business and is a really good way to network with people from all over the world.
Great environment to work in.
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  seattle21 June 2012
Met a lot of different people and interacted with a lot of different cultures. Never a dull moment.
Pros
cafeteria, bus pass, hotel discounted