DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Skokie, IL

Great place to work with excellent benefits and great people to work with. theres tips that can be made based on your performance as a staff member. i recommend the offer.
I was doing house keeping and cleaning the room and taking garbage outside the company and making sure that everything is fine before you return to work
I would love to have the opportunity to go back to work for a big hotel. I am a very skill person and I will give all my knowledge and my best. I consider my self as a high-energy Hotel Room Attendant focused on promoting customer satisfaction through exceptional service and maintaining outstanding hotel accommodations. Organized diligent and skilled in handling multiple cleaning at the same time.
Pros
It is a quiet place to work. Supervisors and managers are very good. Unfortunately, the benefits and the pay are not what I want for my future.
Cons
I am on call all the time for them. I am there when they need me, even if I have plans for my day off.
Supportive culture, upward mobility. Benefits are nice and people stick around. Hard work life balance and business levels fluctuate a lot.
Joined the team as the Convention Service Manager to compliment our Director of Catering. We serviced both Social and Business groups who utilized the Hotel. My Director allowed me to grow the business, develop vendor relationships and create a "new" revenue stream for the property. My goal was 300% over expectation in the first quarter due to the following efforts: 1. Partnership with the North Light Theater (which stands directly next store to the Hotel) to utilize their space with our catering team creating menu's and serving the guests. 2. Developed 3 events with the Kraft Foods team as they launched new products each quarter (for 3 consecutive quarters). These partnerships allowed the hotel to increase business revenue on the corporate side by over 50%. I was also allowed to develop beyond what our menu's offered. FOR EXAMPLE: *Created a Surf & Turf menu plan with for a very high-end Bar Mitzvah, the pricing of $150.00 per guest was singularly the most profitable menu the Hotel had ever created.
Pros
Business develoment skills, Goal buster, Kosher Expert
Cons
Wish we had more meeting space
maintained guest stays while assisting in daily task for maintaining hotel standards.
just a wast of my time here. they fired me for not knewing spanish
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at DoubleTree by Hilton?