DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Somerset, NJ

Typical Job
It is a tough place to work. You need to have good customer service skills because you are constantly around guests. At my particulate hotel the management was often changed and didn't stay the same for a long time. The discounts are good and is an overall good place to work.
Not good place to work
They didn’t increase salaries at all ... and they didn’t care about the employees ... just always asking for more working and more compliments hours from us
Fun environment
This job had you sitting by the pool area in a nice shade. Once in a while there would be frogs in the pool which the pool attendant had to pick out. Kids loved to see the front first hand.
memorable
i remember i worked very hard and the team was nice we went over what we can do to make the workplace a better place for ourselves and our customers! GREAT JOB
Productive and busy work place
Sales teams work very well together. Our operations team are great as well! Learned everything must be in writing! It is always busy on this property, with all sorts of events!
Pros
Wonderful employees and very hard workers, Free Lunches
benefits
Nice hotel, great service, friendly atmosphere
Good place to work as a waitress. Serving duties as dinners and events.Set up for events, carry trays, serve guests and clean up at the event"s conclusion. Able to stand and walk for an extended period of time while accommodating guests effectively and politely.As a waitress I learned to give excellent customer service.I always got along with my ex co-workers, collaborate them, and teach them what I learned. The hardest part was lifting heavy trays with 10 plates of food; but the most enjoyable part was working with wonderful people and meet wonderful customers.
Pros
Unforgettable experience.
Cons
They need more organization and coordination with waitresses and waiters for major events.
Hardworking and Focus
A day would consist of conducting stand up with the Sales team to discuss action plans for the day. Follow up with clients for any outstanding leads, respond to new business and try to close existing. Solicit business in the market area, or competitive set. Each day we conduct a REVMAX meeting to maximize revenue and space. Produce weekly and monthly reports to Corporate.

The best part of my job , is the people I work with, they are friendly fun and make the best of everything. Eventhough our job is challenging and stressful because we have goals to maintain or exceed I need to make sure the team makes their own as well.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No bonus plan
My first Security Job!
This was my first time working as a security Officer. Here i learned the basics. Because it was such a small building, it was easier than the previous security jobs. At this hotel i met very nice people and costumers. They were very friendly and treated me as like i was working there for years. They were always very respectful.
Enjoyable but a bit of a headache
Fun job but no communication which is a bit frustrating
Co- workers are really nice

Work days can be long sometimes
Pros
empolyee cafeteria
Cons
not enough effective communication
Doubletree
I enjoyed working at the Doubletree Hotel, this is where I began my Safety and Security Career.
Pros
meals were provided free of charge.
Cons
no room for advancement.
Great environment
Working in the ladies department was a pleasure. It was very busy but we all worked hard to keep order in the store and assist customers as well as other departments.
1.6K