DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in South Bend, IN

Good job and great benefits. Always was dependable. Like working overtime. Treated guests with respect.Always took care of guest when required too. Tyu
They are very disrespectful to their workers. Management slacks. All management does is sit around eating and smoking. Provides no help to the workers. Poor training.
They don't pay you what they promised. They promise to keep giving you raises only to get what they want from you. Too many unqualified people managing and thinking the are a boss. Over 25 years in the culinary industry and watched a former coworker I worked with at a previous job, receive a line lead/ sous position. They had no leadership skills very little culinary skills. Other employees getting paid more due to who they knew.
great working team atmosphere and respect for one another. Ownership needs to become more involved with the property needs to update in order to remain competitive in a market where several new competing Hotels have come on board.
The hotel industry is stressful but this hotel really tries to take care of the employees. All of the managers are friendly and willing to help out. The culture is still being established but they are on the right track.
I have 2 children and my fiance works second shift so them working around my schedule was awesome. I had to wash dry and fold linen from the rooms, maintain the pool area, as well as thoroughly clean and restock all rooms assigned.
Pros
Worked around my hours, nice people, good work.
Cons
Forward managment, not alot of hours
Business has heavily declined for breakfast and lunch. HHonors members no longer have access to restaurant. Terrible money and an absolutely awful HR department.
DoubleTree provides you with the tools to excel and make yourself better. We are a huge hotel in our city, but are always competing to be better than the other brands in our city. Everyone is passionate and enjoys what they do on a daily basis. Everyday is different and we are always learning new things.
A typical day is moderately paced and slightly relaxed. I learned a lot of different cooking techniques. Management was, let be diplomatic and say not so good Workplace culture is typically a fun environment . Hardest part of Job was dealing with poor attitudes of employees and some Management. The most enjoyable part of the Job was seeing customer leave satisfied
Pros
Guaranteed lunch break
Cons
It has been an educational experience! Hotels run so differently than stand alone restaurants. This has opened my mind to many creative ways to achieve budgetary goals.
At the beginning of my job here was great, everyone was trained and got along. Then, in May 2017 a new company took over the hotel and we lost a great amount of people. Ever since the new company took over everything has changed, the atmosphere isn't what it used to be. I've gone through 3 Front Office managers here and only one of them i actually cared for. The employees that work here are great, and it feels like a big family when everything and everyone is working properly.
Pros
Great employees/friends
Cons
Bad managers.
If you enjoy being taken for granted, being underpaid, being ridiculed and talked down to by management, and being forced to work overtime by a company that wouldn't skip a beat if you died, The DoubleTree by Hilton is the place for you!!!
Cons
management, Human Resources that doesn't care
Ask for more training- fired Ask for more money- fired Zero skilled Human Resources department, managers frequently engage in hostile work environment practices, hotel in general is being run into the ground.
You get a lot of hours, but it isn't worth the stress. Between the coworkers and the guest, the people are disrespectful. The guest are entitled and front desk has kiss their tails it's way too stressful for how much they pay.
There was room to grow with this company. The only drawback is unless your upper management there is little wiggle room to help increase your salary by much.
Pros
Family Environment, Professional.
Cons
Many complaints from customers/Guest
The hilton does not value their employees. I would never again work for that company and would not recommend others there either. I did almost all the accountants work for him, plus my normal duties as a night auditor. Underpaid and unappreciated.
Pros
The employees
Cons
The management
Hospitality is a fun industry to be apart of. The great co-workers made the job enjoyable. The hourly wages were way to low for the amount of work each position had to deal with.
ran the night shift alone lots of paperwork and poor training never see management guests are wonderful staff is all new busy during ND season good pay
Wonderful learning experience from the start of the job. Great training classes and hand on experiences. Excellent environment to be in with very friendly employess.
Double Tree gave me the opportunity to play many roles as a Guest Services Manager. No other job is better for learning "operations management" than working for a hotel. You have to coordinate with Security, Housekeeping, Restaurants, Bangquets and even back of the house Kitchen deptartments. I also met several famous people as well as famous athletes; everyone needs a room. Trust me. Pay was about $2 above minimum wage and if you are full-time, which a company of this calibur mostly hires for, you'll be eligible for medical and dental insurance.
Pros
Insurance w/ Full-Time
Cons
Hard to Advance
co workers are great, managers are friendly. The company itself could be better. Must wait a year for benefits. No paid holidays unless your a salaried employee. Few opportunities to move up unless your willing to move. Its a paycheck but not much more