DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in South Portland, ME

they dont deal with internal issues and they have a high turnover rate. they give u good hours and the customers are treated well. if you like soap operas
Leadership has no respect for food & beverage. The turn over in the executive chef position says it all. Six executive chefs in 3 years is excessive
Pros
Cons
No respect
my 90 review was stella but general manager fired me 3 days before christmas for no real reason. brought all financials in line but still because i interviewed for another hotel he fired me
Management was awful. Huge turnover. Awful work environment. I was harassed by the GM. I would not recommend this place to anyone. There is a reason why they are constantly hiring- people don't like working in a hostile environment.
i have worked with some of the finest people i have ever known while at the doubletree the people in my department are friendly, kind and supportive the team as a whole at the hotel is exceptional it is a pleasure to work there
Pros
great team, wonderful guests
Cons
it can get stressful on busy days!
Day to day guest service agent where we greeted our hotel guests and we either checked them in or checked them out. I learned that I have to have thick skin while working there because a few of hotel guests can be rude and demanding to us. Management was great. Workplace culture was relaxing and fun at the same time.
Pros
We get to drink unlimited Starbucks coffee, get to have left over dinner from the catering department
Cons
They fired a lot of employees in other department from month to month.
Too busy during the summer, too slow during the winter. No real room for advancement. High turnover rate. Can't be on our cell phones but we can be on the computers at the front desk. No real breaks.
Pros
$5 employee lunch menu, very cheap travel options
Cons
No breaks
As uasl very busynduring the summer time. Baquets are crazy. It cam be tiring too cook but you make very tasty food. You really need to be orginozed before you stsrt your shift.
Pros
Bemifits, great people
Cons
Always short handed
i already did a review for this i dont know why they are making me do another one. The Doubletree is great just apply. If your on this website you need the job anyways.
i'm good worker in team or to work alone too.i'm ready to work any time and any day without sunday.i really like someone who show me what to do like the training and i promise that i do correctly.thank you
A typical shift at the Double Tree Hilton consists of many facets. I enjoy working with all employees in the facility. For a typical shift that I work consists of serving customers at the bar, restaurant, and room service. We work in a team atmosphere, which I find is essential for the guest's overall positive experience. The toughest part of the job is balancing serving customers in the dining room, at the bar and running room service.
Pros
Fellow employees
Cons
Sometimes it is tough to get everything done in the alloted time allowed for the shift.
The management ignores the problems that the supervisors underneath him cause. They is fighting and nothing is done about it. The manager himself will tell one person one thing and someone else something different. There is a lot of talking behind backs. Will allow supervisors to drink on the job at the front desk. To close to HR making HR blind to whatever is going on. Will not listen even though they say they will. Moral is at a low and no one does anything about it. It is losing money and the owner is getting ready to sell, but won't say anything to anybody. Spends 6,000 dollars on a new printer/copier, yet won't spend the money to update the rooms that used to be smoking rooms. The stinch is still in them. Whenever a change occurs, nothing is ever told to the next shift. The transport vans are disgusting. They allow their employees to smoke weed on premise, and will pretend that they didn't know even though they admitted it. HR and the Rooms Manager are too close and don't care about the employees underneath them as long as they cover for each other than their jobs are safe. One of the worst players to ever work at. There Night Supervisor always has an attitude and acts like she is annoyed to do her job. Will bad mouth other employees behind their back and will drink wine on the job and at the front desk.
Pros
Can do whatever you want
Cons
Management and HR
included setting up the dining room, prepping food, taking orders, cashing out.
Pros
wonderful staff