DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from DoubleTree by Hilton:

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in St. Louis, MO

St. Louis, MO22 reviews
I enjoyed working beside the last work task of some employees not willing to work as a team with no communications skills worth so ever never on time an always complaining instead of working on the floor that was assigned to them at beginning of each shifts
I enjoyed my time there, great company, great co workers, I even met my wife there.The fact the hotel is locally owned help a lot. Great HR Staff as well.
Pros
World wide company, great brand, good co workwrs
Cons
High turnover
The company is a good company to work for they have good benefits and offer a lot of discounts on stays at different hotel management's ok they are very help
Don’t waste your time other hotels better pay and better management. I worked front desk for or over a year... horrible turnover for a reason front office complete mess
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Incompetent management
No work life balance at all. Sometimes working 6 to 9 days straight without asking if you want to work those extra hours most of the time. Co-workers steal from your cart or actually steal your cart all together and hide it. Always short staffed.Free lunch but your better off bringing your own food is gross as well as the dirty bug infested break room. Un-organized.
Pros
Cons
Everything, work more than pay
This job can be a little hectic in your first few weeks starting the job. You quickly begin to learn that buffet running is not your only responsibility.
A typical day at work is very busy through out most of the year. We have contracts with other business located near our hotel and in the city. Usually have family reunions starting from the beginning of the summer and continuously through out the year most sport teams stay with us on the weekends.
I have learned at the Doubletree by Hilton is to make it right with our guest when their is a concern or complaint. All staff have learned to be independent to solve issues with guest without a manager or supervisor taking over. Working at the front desk, we learn to multitask while answering phone calls,room service calls,creating reservations, and checking in guests. Depending how busy the hotel is, agents go over and beyond to fulfill duties of taking and delivering guest requests.

The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know our guest. We have our top 100 guest who stay at the hotel during the weekdays, who are basically treated like family to the Hilton brand.
Pros
provide great insurance, paid vacation/sick days.
Cons
short staff.
You have a great management team to help you accomplish the task put before you. Customer focused business, built to ensure guest satisfaction and growth opportunities.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Work/life balance
I was responsible for the front desk and reservations. An easy team to work with. Upper management was not an easy task to deal with. I enjoyed meeting the guest.
Pros
location
Cons
managment needed a facelift
i loved the staff meeting new people everyday the environment just i didn't like when the hotel would get slow your hours would drop. if the hours didn't drop so drastically due to slow times i would love to work there again
I enjoyed the regular routine of the hotel. I was able to learn the day to day operations, such as unhappy guests and front desk employees.

Most enjoyable part of the job was the staff.
Provided with healthcare insurance. Raises frequently. Meeting lots of different new people. Received tips on a daily basis. Learned how to properly make a bed and clean a room.
Pros
Frequent raises
Cons
Hard work on back particularly
I very much enjoyed working here. Great work environment nice management team. Hard working team taking pride on giving costumers 100% service
Pros
friendly enviroment
Cons
couldnt obtain enough hours for benefits
This is a fun place to work. We work hard and we play hard.You can tell if people here are just coming to work for a paycheck and those who come because they love the hospitality industry.
I worked for a few years at this location. The insurance wasn't great, but they do offer it. You do have to have mainly open availability, which was fine when I first started working. It is not very family friendly but each time I had contact with the owners, they were very friendly. At one point I had a person in management continuously reference the option of having intimatcy and it was insinuated that was why I was getting certain treatements, as they were hoping I would take their offer. Once I refused, my hours changed, I began being required to stay late for shifts, tasks became extensive, and I received a poor review preventing a raise.
Pros
Free meals, friendly environment
Cons
Pay to park, lack of raises
a typical day of work
Learning lot of banquet events

co-workers 95% awesome

the hardest of the job is being banquet captain and they are not giving permission to you.
Pros
Free lunch, Having fun with staff
They have excellent core values with great attitudes and in house advancement opportunity. I fit right in and started working the same day. The orientation was fun and personable and the hotel itself is beautiful.
Pros
Free meals, Discounted rooms, Good Benefits
Cons
My experience at Doubletree has been great. I have had a chance to learn great customer service and it teaches you great patience.
Many good people working here in a very tough industry. Flexible hours.
Sort all linen on a daily basis. Load and unload all dryers in the proper manner. Operate the ironer in a proper manner. Utilize disposable gloves and adhere to all OSHA guidelines while working in the laundry area.
Inspect linen for damage removing items from circulation if necessary. Clean lint traps in dryers a minimum of two times per shift and otherwise as needed.

Answer telephone calls and inquiries from other associates and guests. Insure that these requests are filled in a timely manner. Take accurate messages and forward the information to a housekeeping department supervisor. At the end of the shift ensure that the gas is turned off and that the rollers on the ironer are in an “up” position.
This company has given me the flexability to continue my education.
1.6K