DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Sunrise, FL

Sunrise, FL9 reviews
Very detailed and fast-paced at times
You must have amazing customer service skills when working the front desk at a hotel. Multitasking is also a great trait to have. Also calling out of work isn't like other jobs. When you call out in a hotel it hurts the team. So showing up for your shift is a must.
If theygive me me the opportunity ill work there again.thank you
Nice hotel great coworkers.
Try my best to keep the housekeeping in great working pace..making sure all standard procedure were done...assisting housekeepers with what they needed to get the job done. Welcoming the guest with a smile. Was part of every day duties..
fun and productive
this property is very homie and the staff makes you feel like your just at your siblings home just because it never feels like work around all the lovely employees that work there.
Management wears too many hats
My manager was always very busy doing other things, and barely had time to check in on us. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people that I worked with, the hardest part of the job was lack of support.
Pros
Free employee meals, good benefits
Cons
poor pay, poor leadership
Great Place to start work in hospitality.
I have learned a lot from working at Doubletree as a front desk Supervisor. I have learned to have patience and learned to deal with high amounts of stress. Hospitality will always have its up and downs because it is dealing with people so much. I enjoyed working with my team and tackling issues together but I believe the management had very expectations of what the scores needed to be at and it was frustrating to try to achieve that level while more work is added and less support is given. Over all not the easiest job but it depends on where the hotel is located and how the hotel is managed.
Pros
Free lunches. Flexible schedules. Hilton Perks with Team Member Travel.
Cons
Low pay for high stress as times. Work Holidays and Weekends since Business never closes.
Best of the best
Great team with and excellent customer service. Cleanliness is of the chain.
Well maintained hotel
Exceptional hotel with brand new carpeting in: guest rooms as well as ballrooms.
Pros
Free meal with each shift
Cons
Limited instructions concerning co. policies upon hiring
GM lacks fundamental qualities which would otherwise make this hotel a great place to work
An unethical, bias, and manipulative GM who humiliates and singles out employees in front of co-workers, is moody, self absorbed and instills fear makes this working environment intolerable.
too much favoritisim
Too many "old timer" clicks that do not adapt to change.

Even though Hilton took over from Crowne Plaza, they really need to do some spring cleaning and hire new & fresh staff including HR.
Pros
front desk staff are the best
Cons
too many negative & lazy staff in the restaurant
1.6K