DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Tampa, FL

Found 33 reviews matching the search See all 4,109 reviews
Great work culture
Sales and Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL22 December 2019
Management treated staff like family General Manager is very professional he looks out for his staff. The work culture is great company offers monthly employee rally's, break room bingo,safety bingo, associate of the month awards and spin the wheel prizes. I would definitely work for this company again if they offered better wages.
Ok job
Houseman (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL1 September 2019
When I worked here the 1st shift wasn’t doing what they needed to do so I had to do my work and theirs management didn’t care easy job but just was a lot going on here
Good service, but a bit too stressful
Cook (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FL1 September 2019
I'm a veteran with a mental disability so I'm not supposed to be under too much stress, sometimes this job is a bit too much for me, but I'm persistent and endure to get my job done. I'm ready to move on to something better, besides cooking that's why I'm learning Information Technology.There are a lot of good people working here. The hotel has a lot to offer, but the bigger percent of the old staff have moved on, and the new need to learn better people skills, and learn more about their positions of what is immediately important and what is not. The first year working here was fun and I'm going on three years now.
Pros
Free lunches, paid time off, yearly raises, benefits.
Cons
stressful work environment
Ok place nothing to write home about
Van Driver/Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL6 June 2019
To much turn over in the hotel..way to many supervisors running the place..a few supervisors where belittling set there own engeda according to their schedule.
Pros
Not sure
Cons
Low pay
Buen ambiente de trabjo
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FL2 October 2018
Es in bien trabajo con temporadas muy ocpadas y ptras no tanto. El salario sube muy poco al ano pero hay posibilidades de aumentos. Tiene muchos veneficios.
Pros
Hospedaje en hoteles muy baratos en todo el pais. Y el exterior
Cons
Salarios bajos
front desk/ operator pbx
FRONT DESK AGENT/PBX OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FL26 August 2018
Great managers! Works with your schedule. Free food!

Check-in/out the guest of the hotel.
• File, copy and scan any tax exemption, distress passenger, or airline paperwork.
• Receive and disperse incoming calls on multiple phone lines.
• Operate security radio base station to dispatch requests.
• Identify nature of problem and respond appropriately in accordance with established procedures.
• Document calls in record log for management review.
Management and team building trainings needed
Housekeeper Houseman (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FL10 August 2018
Management and team building trainings needed. Customer service training . Employees should br more appreciated. The hotel should have better qualtu amenities i.e. refrigerators, microwaves, daily cleaning of guest rooms not just check outs
Pros
2nd chance employment opportunities Airline Contract
Cons
Advancement opportunities
No structure or organization
Housekeeping Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL2 August 2018
needs better structure and organization. The culture is very aggressive, no cooperation with the staff. Hours are chaotic to say the least.

There is no time management, I can easily spend 15 hours working and not be able to get my work done. Simply because I'm pulled
for other things.
benefits
Cons
organization
Sport Bar
Banquet Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL20 May 2018
Good place to work, good people, the restaurant was always busy and hectic. Can make 100 + a day. Workers care about one another. They recognizes good workers.
Hard work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL23 October 2017
Always busy.Took care of many travelers. Also cared for flight attendents and pilots for commercial airlines. Helped as a manager of the drivers and and created schedules.
Solid Hotel
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FL9 October 2017
Solid hotel with large staff and large number of rooms. This is a great property to gain valuable experience working in full service with many rooms.
Pros
Free Employee Lunch, Good Management
Cons
Older Property
fast paced work environment.
Prep. Cook (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL8 August 2017
I was there for a short time but enjoyed my short stay. Working in any kitchen is hard work and this place was no different. I was prepping food for multiple venues and If I fell behind things fell apart. This wan't the case often though. I was able to successfully supply the cooks with everything they needed. The hours were crazy and very late. overall not a bad place to work though.
Pros
fast paced, challenging and cool place to work.
Cons
late hours, high risk(working with raw foods) and strict uniform policies.
Enjoyed the variety.
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  4500 W. Cypress St, Tampa, FL 336078 August 2017
Enjoyed filing and light projects given to me by the supervisor. Liked doing data entry. Liked the free food treats. Got a lot of exercise filing, which is a good thing.
Pros
Liked occasional free breakfast.
Cons
Didn't like fire drills; alarm was very loud.
Working in Hospitality has taught me well
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FL6 February 2017
Working in hospitality has educated me in many ways besides simply customer service. I enjoy meeting new people and learning from them.
productive, fast passed environment
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FL27 June 2016
interact with guests as you check them into a room and close out their accounts at check in. typical day is fast paced with running reports and completing paperwork. Hardest part of job is when guest has an issue that is out of your control, and you want to help them but you are unable to resolve it. most enjoyable is making people happy and getting them into a room quickly and promptly.
It was okay
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL18 April 2016
A typical day at the hotel would be to complete your to do list. There are certain reports you would need to print out. Also, you would multitask in answering phones, meeting guests need, taking reservations, and checking guests in and out of hotel.

I learned how to work with people and how to meet their needs in the quickest and best way I knew how.

I enjoyed working in a team atmosphere, we all worked together for the same goal. Hardest part of the job would sometimes be to be at my best with rude guests. That too would be the most enjoyable as well because it would be a challenge. I look forward to challenges and achieving them.
Pros
40 hours team atmosphere overtime available
Cons
no benefits
n/a
PBX Operator, Receptionist, Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FL13 April 2016
A day at Double Tree you never no what going to happen like any job it could be a good wen you walk in or it could be a very busy day to busy for one person sometimes . The guest are great and my co worker I love them to death.
felt drained
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FL28 December 2015
no room for advancement, felt like i was over worked and under compensated, over pressure to get results and they were more focused on salt scores opposed to employers happiness. They would only call me out on the bad and very rarely on the good.
Pros
steady schedule, benefits
Cons
management, pay rate, stress, pressure
Good staff, and co-workers
PBX Operator/Guest Services (Current Employee) –  Tampa, Florida18 October 2015
I have been employed with this company for 5 years. I enjoy working in PBX and with my co-workers. I have learned a few job procedures while I have been employed with the Doubletree. There is no advancement, and hours have been cut. I am looking to better myself, so I need to look for a new employment opportunity.
Pros
Paid Holidays
Cons
401K, Life insurance
Fun place to work, always something different.
Banquet Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Tampa, Florida30 April 2015
Great Co-works to work with. Enjoy banquet set up with the different themes and props.
A variety of groups with a variety of requirements, we just make it work..
Pros
Alway great food

51.5K