DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from DoubleTree by Hilton:

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Tarrytown, NY

Tarrytown, NY24 reviews
to have lunch room and lounge and pool and gym and basketball court. A place to relax and talk to other staff members. Alson have weekly staff meetings and outings
Look forward to continue my career in this industry. I enjoy cooking and creating new recipes. I like working independely and having the knowledge that my manager has faith in the work I do.
You can learn alot at DoubleTree work wise. Things like customer service skills cannot be taught. You really have to have the patience and want/need to help others.
closed all open accounts for the day on a daily base, checked in guest, answered phoned and gave outstanding customers service when needed, deliver morning papers door to door, and did wake up calls every morning, and transfer information to the am workers. love the being busy always.
received work orders, fix room repairs, painting, plumbing where necessary, when customers call for a problem in the room I would go check the problem and fix it
My experience to DoubleTree was filled with many opportunities. I met countless number of people both workers and pedestrians alike. I also learned a lot of the business world as well as the world of serving the customer. I would recommend this for someone who would like to learn but would not recommend this for a long-term career as there is limited room to grow.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Little or no growth oppertunities
great enviornemnt. the people are friendly and always helpful the hotel itself is not up to standards. Would not recommend staying here. but working here definetly has benefits.
Great place to work, only downside is it independently owned, not a lot of room for growth. Hotel is always busy, lots of action, never boring. One hundred an fifty words is a lot to have to write in a review for my current employer. The most enjoyable part of the day is interacting with the different departments, and guests. Hotel is conveniently located Near New York City.
You have no life when you sign up for this place. I worked the morning shift and it was a mess because they did not believe in hiring help. They will leave you to run a line by yourself.
Cons
no union
amazing work from DT , management was okay. I didn't want to work foe them . left them to join the army. it's a good job for people who want to get into the hotel business
In comparison to other corporate organizations, this was by far the worst that I've ever experienced. Since the property was a franchise there was no accountability to corporate and nor support from the home office. There was no training for associates, no opportunity for advancement based on merit, unethical management practices, and an overall culture of unprofessionalism and negativity. Staff members, especially hourly associates, are often mistreated and since the HR department was eliminated, associates have no support resulting in an unusually high turn-over rate. The poor customer service is the result of the double standards demonstrated by upper management. Healthcare costs were astronomical and put a tremendous strain on staff. On-line reviews are manipulated by management to give an inaccurate representation of the hotel.
Great Hospitality business, but okay management.
Doubletree by Hilton in Tarrytown location is a great Hotel to stay, the environment to stay as a guest is amazing, every employee make you feel as a family member.

Nice hotel
Pros
free lunch
Cons
poor managament
A typical day at Double Tree (Bistro Z) is a eight hour shift. Everyone works hard on the line preparing meals for the employees in every department throughout the hotel along with the guests and large events. I have the opportunity to help the Sous Chef and Executive Chef with anything they need. I am a lead cook to all the other line cooks. I work any hours of the day (morning or night) and am always willing to work my hardest.
Pros
Flexible with hours
For the most part no day is the same. There are daily tasks that have to get done, but the people we welcome daily are all very different. I've learned to be patient with every type of person in the work environment, and outside guests. How to accommodate and cater to every kind type of need.
My favorite part is what I've acquired form the hospitality industry. Personality means everything. You have to be charismatic, understanding, patient, willing to bend over backwards to make a guest feel that his or her stay was a pleasurable one.

The worst part about it is dealing with and seeing favoritism from the managers to other employees.
Pros
team member benefits
management is not the great they hire people with no experience what so ever but the cowokers were nice or most of them are it was nice working there learned alot !!
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
-come in prep for catering events, clean
-how to do things on a time, and how to plate up dishes for a large amount of groups.

-management really does their jobs but sometimes don't consider their employees

-transportation and hardly no hours when business is slow

-working with my co workers, they are the best
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks and public transportation around there is really bad.
I really like this palace , i learned lots of important thinks form this place . managers are good and my co workers are so friendly,
As an intern, I have learned how to work at the front desk at the hotel and learned how the events were run by the sales department. I also learned how the catering department were run as well since they are a big part of making sure the events are running well.
Pros
free lunches and the events are always busy. Also gained some experience how the events were run.
Cons
Didn't get pay as an intern
to work a big event with only two other workers is the hardest part of the job
pleasent guest new cultures respect from all employes throughtout the day major project made the day hard but enjoyable at the same time ..
Pros
room discounts
Cons
beneifits
Not a great place to work if you are looking to start a career. It is simply a job to have some sort of stability while you look for something better and are willing to put in work. They will not hesitate to fire someone, for any reason. Guidelines are not followed strongly and favoritism rules this establishment. The general manager has a terrible attitude and it shows in the way this place is run. Fear rather than respect rule at this hotel where people only do their job just to keep a job. Most importantly this place is NOT team atmosphere. It is very cut throat throughout all departments. But if you have a knack to stay out of trouble and need some quick if not decent money give it a chance.
Pros
Free meals and restaurant on property to order discounted food from
Cons
Free meals are not always great..nice employee discounts
1.6K